retrobrad
I`d Like the opinion of my fellow collectors!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you add Nokia N-Gage to your collection??
Yes!
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
No!
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: I`d Like the opinion of my fellow collectors! Reply with quote

Dear Retrobrad members,

I`ve been with toying with the idea with adding one of these to my collection

A phone yet a good handheld gaming device,i know some people don`t agree with me but i do collect modern consoles to just for the fact that in the not to distant future they will also become retro items. I`d really like you guys to tell me what you think should i add it or just forget it. Please vote on the above poll.

Thankyou.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: I'd like the opinion of my fellow collectors Reply with quote

YES, a must have for your colly especially as you seem to have enough foresight at the long term prospect of somebody wanting it, in 15 to 20 years time. Years ago I used to buy sellected stuff from op shops that I would resell at the Sunday Markets for a tidy profit. Its amazing what people collect and are prepared to buy, but I sure am sorry for not buying somethings,that today are worth a small fortune to collectors Crying or Very sad

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats an interesting one, you could add it to your collection, but i guess at the moment its not 'retro' i used to have one myself and is a pretty cool phone to have, you could play NES, SNES, Megadrive games etc.. on it - its just a shame about the thin screen though...

it was a pretty powerful little phone but the wierd thing is, that using spmark (a phone benchmark tool) it actually scores less than other phones not intended for games / 3d graphics (like the nokia 6600)
ozzipete

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: I'd like the opinion of my fellow collectors Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
YES, a must have for your colly especially as you seem to have enough foresight at the long term prospect of somebody wanting it, in 15 to 20 years time. Years ago I used to buy sellected stuff from op shops that I would resell at the Sunday Markets for a tidy profit. Its amazing what people collect and are prepared to buy, but I sure am sorry for not buying somethings,that today are worth a small fortune to collectors Crying or Very sad

Smile tomz Smile

I agree forsight is the key, I have a couple of really cool things here that I have only had for 3 or 4 years and they have already appreciated in price
I was working at an auction house part time for a while and some of the ..well what I thought was garbage that came through sold for a fortune to people who valued it .. Its like the old saying if someone wants something bad enough they will pay top $$ for it (sorry for digressing from the NGAGE) Embarassed
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for your opinions,i`m now the proud owner of one Nokia N-Gage!! haven`t had a chance to load any emulators onto it yet but as soon as i get time i plan to.

It`s not a bad Handheld really and i got to admit i`ve had fun with it,came with 6 games so i`ve been to busy playing with them to find out the other functions on the phone side.

Can anyone suggest any good emulators for this phone/handheld? Picodrive i know is a megadrive/genesis emulator but that doesn`t seem to have been developed any further in the last 3 years so still has no save option or sound.

Hope you guys can help me out as i do value all of your opinions.

Thankyou. Very Happy
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misha wrote:
Thanks guys for your opinions,i`m now the proud owner of one Nokia N-Gage!! haven`t had a chance to load any emulators onto it yet but as soon as i get time i plan to.

It`s not a bad Handheld really and i got to admit i`ve had fun with it,came with 6 games so i`ve been to busy playing with them to find out the other functions on the phone side.

Can anyone suggest any good emulators for this phone/handheld? Picodrive i know is a megadrive/genesis emulator but that doesn`t seem to have been developed any further in the last 3 years so still has no save option or sound.

Hope you guys can help me out as i do value all of your opinions.

Thankyou. Very Happy

get the snes emulator! i cant remember the exact name though sorry, you can also play doom, and im pretty sure theres a master system emu as well = )

did you get the QD or the original ngage?
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Original,got to get a few bits for it like MMC Memory card so i can add emulators to the phone.

The games i got are ok,these are the games that came with it

Fifa 2004
Pandemonium
Red Faction
Sonic N
Tiger Woods 2004
Tony Hawks Pro Skater

Will get some more in time but for now my mission is to get emulators on it and games,SNES Emu you talked about wasn`t called VSun by any chance? alot of the Emulators available for the N-Gage are shareware Sad
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, too new fangled for me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> And the rest... All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: