retrobrad
A link to Retroremakes!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jungle ninja
novice
novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: A link to Retroremakes! Reply with quote

Find hundreds of remakes here:

http://www.retroremakes.com/wordpress/

And here some more:

http://retrospec.sgn.net/game-overview.php?link=hoh

http://www.reloaded.org/

There are many websites like this out there.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the links jungle ninja!

i them all out and theres loads of games to be found!

ive also found this site - http://www.classic-retro-games.com/

which is pretty good also.

I'm going to have a weekly gaming competition where i post a link to a retro remake game for everyone to download, then play it and post their high scores (with a screenshot for proof!)

good idea / bad idea?

- im going to make a new category now for it!
Mariokart_king
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a great idea brad. for sure i love things like that. any prize money?? haha just joking. but seriously. Wink
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: A link to retroremakes Reply with quote

Good idea Brad,the games wont be too big (hopefully)and as long as they are retro games Im confident most would be worth trying. Cant hurt Very Happy

Smile tomz Smile
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought "Thrust+" from AtariAge and wow, is it AMAZING! I can't believe that you can buy new, Atari 2600 carts in 2007 with original box and instructions. I'm sure that most of you have heard of the C64 classic, "Thrust", well AtariAge have released a brand new version of the game especially for the Atari 2600. You almost can't believe that your humble old Atari is displaying graphics of this quality and the original theme tune has been reproduced using the Atari's very limited sound chip with near perfect results. The question needs to be asked, if a game like "Thrust+" can be played on a standard, unexpanded 2600, why weren't games of this calibre produced back in the day? The graphics and sound on "Thrust+" are like nothing you have seen on the old Woody. The game even has bonus extras that the original C64 didn't have! If this is any indication of the future of homebrew 2600 games, then I'm sold!
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel C wrote:
I just bought "Thrust+" from AtariAge and wow, is it AMAZING! I can't believe that you can buy new, Atari 2600 carts in 2007 with original box and instructions. I'm sure that most of you have heard of the C64 classic, "Thrust", well AtariAge have released a brand new version of the game especially for the Atari 2600. You almost can't believe that your humble old Atari is displaying graphics of this quality and the original theme tune has been reproduced using the Atari's very limited sound chip with near perfect results. The question needs to be asked, if a game like "Thrust+" can be played on a standard, unexpanded 2600, why weren't games of this calibre produced back in the day? The graphics and sound on "Thrust+" are like nothing you have seen on the old Woody. The game even has bonus extras that the original C64 didn't have! If this is any indication of the future of homebrew 2600 games, then I'm sold!

I think its great that there are still programmers out there writting new games for the old systems.

heres a link to the thrust+ page on atari age so you guys can see what daniel is talking about!
http://www.atariage.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=37

oh and heres a couple of screenshots.

thanks for the info by the way Daniel!

-brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Homebrew All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: