retrobrad
Live Web-Cam streaming from Convention! How about it BRAD?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Live Web-Cam streaming from Convention! How about it BRAD? Reply with quote

Okay so Im pissed off ,coz I cant get there,but heres an idea,how about a live stream via Web Cam so that some of us others who cant make it, can at least see what we missed out on, and still in a small way be part of it (IE Via the chat on this forum for example whilst watching the live stream of the convention) Just a though, the necessary prg is on C-Net avail for download, you can be your own I-tv station, and of coz if you happen to also be logged in to this forum at the same time, the chat section could become overused but in a nice way Laughing Any thoughs about this?

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Live Web-Cam streaming from Convention! How about it BRA Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
Okay so Im pissed off ,coz I cant get there,but heres an idea,how about a live stream via Web Cam so that some of us others who cant make it, can at least see what we missed out on, and still in a small way be part of it (IE Via the chat on this forum for example whilst watching the live stream of the convention) Just a though, the necessary prg is on C-Net avail for download, you can be your own I-tv station, and of coz if you happen to also be logged in to this forum at the same time, the chat section could become overused but in a nice way Laughing Any thoughs about this?

Smile tomz Smile

neat idea about the webcam, but im not sure how i could get it setup?

im guessing id have access to a phone line, but then the only connection i would have would be dialup - you cant really have a streaming webcam on dialup can you???

any suggestions on how to get this thing working???
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Live Web-Cam streaming from Convention! How about it BRAD? Reply with quote

No you would need a wireless connection (maybe someones laptop) or a broadband connection,gee and I was even willing to post you my USB Web-Cam for the occasion Crying or Very sad

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Live Web-Cam streaming from Convention! How about it BRA Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
No you would need a wireless connection (maybe someones laptop) or a broadband connection,gee and I was even willing to post you my USB Web-Cam for the occasion Crying or Very sad

Smile tomz Smile

ill have to see if anyone has one Smile unfortunately i dont have wireless broadband, but i do have a laptop!
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Live Web-Cam streaming from Convention! How about it BRAD? Reply with quote

So if they just bring along their wireless router along with the USB part that plugs into the laptop it should work, but U will also need a Web Cam for it.
So the BIG question remains, who is coming 2 da convention who has a wireless broadband account. C'MON GUYS there must be somebody....

Smile tomz Smile
mixojoe
expert
expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm well the uni owns its own very fast connection. There should be wal ports in the hall I would think or at least a wireless hotspot. Perhaps a staff member could log you into the network and enable a stream?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: