retrobrad
I've been playing - Space Taxi!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Crazy about Commodore!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: I've been playing - Space Taxi!!!!!! Reply with quote

Has anyone played space taxi on the C64?

it's a great game and i played it today for the first time since about 1992!

basically it's kinda like lunar lander, but you drive around a flying taxi, you have to pick people up and drop them off on different platforms, it starts off easy and then can get quite hard VERY QUICKLY! it even has voice effects in it, a very fun puzzle like game = )

heres a screenshot:

and another one...
[/url]
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Ive been playing- SPACE TAXI !!!!! Reply with quote

The gameplay is good though the gfx arent mind exploding for me it was the gameplay that drew me to this game in the mid 80's.

A decade later there were a couple of similar games released one was a caveman same gameplay,UGH ? I think it was called would pick up passengers and drop them off at their destinations whilst avoiding flying dinosaurs and other hazards, but SPACE TAXI was very original Smile

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Ive been playing- SPACE TAXI !!!!! Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
The gameplay is good though the gfx arent mind exploding for me it was the gameplay that drew me to this game in the mid 80's.

A decade later there were a couple of similar games released one was a caveman same gameplay,UGH ? I think it was called would pick up passengers and drop them off at their destinations whilst avoiding flying dinosaurs and other hazards, but SPACE TAXI was very original Smile

Smile tomz Smile

Isnt that really what games should be all about? - The gameplay!

The graphics in space taxi were super simple, but it's such a great game to play. These days they focus more on great graphics, but if you want great visuals, why not just go outside? thats the best graphics you will ever get Smile
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Ive been playing- SPACE TAXI !!!!! Reply with quote

Yeah it was the gameplay that made that game and I guess thatsd applicable to most of the stuff we write about here be it on Computer or console, if the gameplay rocked then it is worth playing.

"Hello my name is Tom and Im a Retro addict" (okay your turn Laughing )

The enhanced gfx certainly add to a game but if the gameplay is crap to begin with,then i beleive no amount of enhancements will make it better....

Now as for Virtual Reality games, well just give me a choice,do I wish to meet a real woman or a Virtual spunk? I will pick the real woman (no matter how bad she looks) over the virtual one, besides Im ugly also. Cool

Smile tomz Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Crazy about Commodore! All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: