retrobrad
What was your favourite retro gaming magazine?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Retro Gaming Magazines (new and old)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: What was your favourite retro gaming magazine? Reply with quote

I used to love C&VG, there was always soo much cool content and covered a wide range of systems.

i also collected Amiga Format magazines, i used to look forward to what would be on the cover disk each month, sometimes you would get two coverdisks and one time there was three coverdisks on the one mag!

what was your favourite mag?
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: A Little Reply Reply with quote

Amiga Format was the best mag,got even better when it went from coverdisk to cover CD,was really sad when i bought the last ever issue cuz all the other mags had stopped long before but AF kept the faith and tried to encourage it`s readers to do the same,i think it`s a shame all that`s left is like minded people sharing a passion for the Amiga on boards like this....a right band of brothers we are!
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what i remember the last magazine was published in '99 or 2000? is that about right
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can`t really remember when it was seems like such a long time ago,it was a sad day for us Miggy owners though....Amiga Inc (i think they still own it) need to get their act together and give us all a new system.

I often wonder what we will all do when no more A1200`s are being made and all the old stock that us lot own packs up,a thought i`d rather not think.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i know how you feel, its just not the same these days is it...

im definately hoping that the A1200's continue, theres definately a demand for them anyway so i dont think they'll be going away anytime soon.

The only thing we really have to fallback on is emulators, but then its just not the same as the real thing... Crying or Very sad
grapes of gorf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What was your favourite retro gaming magazine? Reply with quote

retrobrad wrote:
I used to love C&VG, there was always soo much cool content and covered a wide range of systems.

i also collected Amiga Format magazines, i used to look forward to what would be on the cover disk each month, sometimes you would get two coverdisks and one time there was three coverdisks on the one mag!

I loved C&VG also. Micro Machines was very cool. I think ZAP 64 came out with some really cool posters many of which ended up on by bedroom wall.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What was your favourite retro gaming magazine? Reply with quote

grapes of gorf wrote:
retrobrad wrote:

I loved C&VG also. Micro Machines was very cool. I think ZAP 64 came out with some really cool posters many of which ended up on by bedroom wall.

I just bought about 100 retro gaming magazines off ebay and still had all their centrefold posters in them! once i get the new house built ill have to plaster my retro games room with them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Retro Gaming Magazines (new and old) All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: