retrobrad
Do you read Retro Gamer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Retro Gaming Magazines (new and old)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you read Retro Gamer?
Yes, i buy it every month!
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Yes, but i dont get it every month
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Yes, but i just read it in the Newsagency
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Whats Retro Gamer?
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Do you read Retro Gamer? Reply with quote

Just thought id check how many of you guys read Retro Gamer?

Whats your favourite article?

-brad
grapes of gorf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, my favourite article was Global Gaming, but sadly it has been omitted recently.
rupert
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I started to buy it after they dropped the cover disk. I'm into my 2nd year of subscibing now, thought about getting a couple of binders.. still thinking about it.

I'm hoping they will put my collection in the collectors corner bit. I guess there are much better collections out there though, see how it goes.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupert wrote:
yes I started to buy it after they dropped the cover disk. I'm into my 2nd year of subscibing now, thought about getting a couple of binders.. still thinking about it.

I'm hoping they will put my collection in the collectors corner bit. I guess there are much better collections out there though, see how it goes.

yeah its always the dream Very Happy

have you emailed them? if you have they might still be putting in yours pics because i sent them an email in february with my PHONETENDO and they didnt reply to me, then in June or July i picked up the latest retro gamer and i was in there! (it only took about four months or so!)

i have recently emailed them to see if they will put my website in their 'retro gaming sites' column

well see how it goes.

-one thing i have noticed is that they NEVER reply to emails.
rupert
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to update what I said above, I got my collection in this months Retro Gamer, they gave me 2 pages asell Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupert wrote:
just to update what I said above, I got my collection in this months Retro Gamer, they gave me 2 pages asell Smile

WOW, thats pretty cool!

We get retro gamer at least a month behind you guys in the UK so ill have to wait till next month to check it out = )
THB
novice
novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to get it religiously but I stopped when the first company went bust. To be honest their two page reviews are pretty crap as they consist of a one column review and one screenshot blown up to 1000% I also think there is waaaay too much spectrum worship going on. Wink

Maybe its changed since then but anything in their pages can be found on the web in more detail anyways so its no great loss.
rupert
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THB wrote:
I used to get it religiously but I stopped when the first company went bust. To be honest their two page reviews are pretty crap as they consist of a one column review and one screenshot blown up to 1000% I also think there is waaaay too much spectrum worship going on. Wink

Maybe its changed since then but anything in their pages can be found on the web in more detail anyways so its no great loss.

3 things there, those with the massive screenshot arnt 'reviews' just a little tribute to the game in question. more recently they have taken to filling the page on the right with lots of smaller screenshots.

The Spectrum worship can be abit annoying but then it was a uK built machine and probly the highest selling at the time so for alot of people in the UK it's holds alot of good memorys.

lastly you could comment that the info found in all computer or video game magazines can be found onthe web in greater detail. Personally it mkes a nice change to read somthing in real print about one of my fave hobbies, plus I like to read on the bus to work (trust me a lap top on the bus in my area is not recomended, lol)

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Retro Gaming Magazines (new and old) All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: