retrobrad
So how did the convention go?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: So how did the convention go????? Reply with quote

I have to say, the day turned out to be nothing like i expected! But all in all im pretty sure everyone had a good time = )

Heres the story...

I finished work at 12pm friday and jumped in my fully loaded car and headed out on my 7 hour drive to Ballarat. The drive was okay until i hit traffic in melbourne, which wasnt too bad except for the fact that i really, REALLY needed to pee...

Anyway, i turned up at the convention centre and checked out the place which turned out to be perfect! So i gave grapes of gorf a call and he came straight over to help me set up - which turned out to be a much bigger task than i first thought.... long story short we ended up leaving just before midnight even though we still hadnt finished setting up!

woke up early the next morning and loaded up the arcade cabinets and off we went again to the convention centre. We set up the arcade machines but forgot to bring the deguassing wand, so they had a bit of colour bleeding but still were great fun to play!

We had to setup a few more consoles and i was still setting up things at 9am! Whiteb was the first to show up and brought along his minimig, which by the way is a pretty impressive piece of hardware! very nice flicker free graphics and seemed to run nice and quick!

by about 10am a few more people had shown up and it was great to see people bring along their collection for selling and swapping and also thanks to all those guys who made donations!

So anyway, i think the most people we ended up getting was 15 but it was great to finally meet everyone and it was fun to talk about old times and play a few games together.

It was strange that some people had bought tickets, but didnt end up coming to the event????

most poeple seemed to have left by about 4pm which left about six of us left over, we ended up playing some 007 on the n64 for a while which was great fun, we started packing up at about 7pm and didnt leave the building until 10:30pm with 5 of us left till then, it was great to have you guys hang around till then!

Next year its going to be a joint effort in putting together another convention and i look forward to it being bigger and better than ever!

Special thanks goes out to Greg (grapes of gorf) who was such a HUGE help over the whole weekend, he gave me a place to sleep for the two nights, he helped me setup and packup the convention, he even lent me his bar fridge and arcade machines and commodore monitors, plus, he even went and picked up the pizzas!!! without you mate, i would have been up all night getting this convention ready, plus i would have been sleeping in my car! You're a champion!!!!

So in closing, i had a busy time, but a great time - it was really good to meet everyone face to face and also to put a face to a username Very Happy

i look forward to catching up with you all in the forums and wherever else we might meet!

-brad

by the way, heres photos!!!!

Last edited by retrobrad on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
mihcael
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brad!

You did an awesome job!!

I enjoyed the time there, and look forward to next year! Very Happy

Will certainly try to help out with the next one!!
THB
novice
novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time as well. Was good to meet you guys and play around with the machines set up. Thanks very much to Brad and Grapes of Gorf for all the effort very much appreciated. Hope to see you guys again next year. I will definately bring along some actual machines I can set up rather than a table of junk I want to offload. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: