retrobrad
When mame cabinets go bad!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
THB
novice
novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: When mame cabinets go bad! Reply with quote

Was talking to Grapes about this website at the RBCON.

Check this out:

http://www.disorder.org/crapmame/
mixojoe
expert
expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of those are cool lol
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That site rocks. I feel alot better about mine. I thought mine was a bit plain!!
grapes of gorf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks heaps TH for the link, people that make mistakes should be laughed at.

What I really don't like about people who make MAME cabinets is when they rip the guts out of a great cab like 'Star Wars' sit down just to do racing game emulation. This kind of stuff is b*ll sh*t and people should take a lot more care in the preservation of old and amazing arcade cab's
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grapes of gorf wrote:
Thanks heaps TH for the link, people that make mistakes should be laughed at.

What I really don't like about people who make MAME cabinets is when they rip the guts out of a great cab like 'Star Wars' sit down just to do racing game emulation. This kind of stuff is b*ll sh*t and people should take a lot more care in the preservation of old and amazing arcade cab's

Hello there Grapes!!!... Thanks for bringing the R-Type cabinet to the convention!. I hadn't seen the arcade cabinet or arcade version since i wagged school in 1987. Smile

your a great guy too and a great laugh. If you need any help with getting your gear over next year ( if there is a next year? ), then give me a yell. I of course will be helping in a lot of other area's too.
grapes of gorf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Blade, I hope there is a convention next year. I really liked your school boy smile. When Brad and I got the arcade games back to my place I switched them on to test them. Magically the screens had all degaussed themselves the colours were perfect maybe they were just glad to be home. R-TYPE and SWIV are probably my top two favourite shooters, your Amiga 2000 setup was really cool I had an ace time playing SWIV on the 2000.
whiteb
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grapes of gorf wrote:
Hi Blade, I hope there is a convention next year. I really liked your school boy smile. When Brad and I got the arcade games back to my place I switched them on to test them. Magically the screens had all degaussed themselves the colours were perfect maybe they were just glad to be home. R-TYPE and SWIV are probably my top two favourite shooters, your Amiga 2000 setup was really cool I had an ace time playing SWIV on the 2000.

Nah, the fact that the monitors in the cabinet started behaving, was the center had some pretty freaked out Feng Shui..............
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grapes of gorf wrote:

Well the main thing is mate that the cabinets came good again, but maybe there was some kind of magnetic interference within the University!?. When it comes to my Amiga, its actually an A1200 not a A2000. lol. But its ok, its still an Amiga but an AGA one Smile. also on friday my new IDE Buffered Interface arrived, which will or should abolish the need for the mini Commodore tower case that i brought with me, although the Tower Case "does" make it look the part i suppose, but is a pain the arse.

Also the device will allow me to use the whole 70gig, and not just the 4 gig with my current file system. Expect my Amiga setup to be even better next year Smile
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiteb wrote:
grapes of gorf wrote:

Nah, the fact that the monitors in the cabinet started behaving, was the center had some pretty freaked out Feng Shui..............

Hey Whiteb!. Bring that Minimig again next year, i never really had a chance to really play around with it that much... It would be nice to see it in action again Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys for not being around much, ive just had other things to take care of and retrobrad has just taken a back seat lately...

Next year we should make it a group convention, not just the retrobrad convention - i can see it now IT WILL BE HUGE!!!!

hey blade didnt you like the idea of "retrofriends" Very Happy

anyway im sure if we all put in ideas and bring along a part of our collection to setup then it will be a HUGE event! i was talking to grapes and he said we could have it at his museum and then we could setup a big tent or something outside to setup even more stuff, that way we wont need to pay $20 just to turn up, we could make it something like $5 entry.

now that i think about it, this is the wrong place to be posting this message, oh well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> And the rest... All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: