retrobrad
I went skydiving yesterday...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The off-topic Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: I went skydiving yesterday... Reply with quote

We had the army skydiving guys on base yesterday and i got asked if i wanted to go for a jump. of course i said YES!!

so i got hooked up, got a little briefing and jumped in the plane, we got to 12,000ft and jumped out! It's great fun, we had a 35 second free fall and its the best feeling!

If you havent been skydiving, make sure you go!!!

PS, has anyone else ever been?
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck that !!!! Laughing
THB
novice
novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blade002 wrote:
Fuck that !!!! Laughing

Laughing
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: I went skydiving yesterday.. Reply with quote

No never been and dont plan to go, I dont beleive in tempting fate and most important of all, Id be too scared to jump out of a plane. But I guess it would have been a real adrenalin rush Smile

(Doesnt your wife mind? Whats your life insurance policy worth? Wink )

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: I went skydiving yesterday.. Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
No never been and dont plan to go, I dont beleive in tempting fate and most important of all, Id be too scared to jump out of a plane. But I guess it would have been a real adrenalin rush Smile

(Doesnt your wife mind? Whats your life insurance policy worth? Wink )

Smile tomz Smile

aww come on guys its fun! its really not scary at all, actually i was scared as anything going into my interview on thursday and not scared at all with the skydiving.... hmmm...
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: I went skydiving yesterday.. Reply with quote

retrobrad wrote:

aww come on guys its fun! its really not scary at all, actually i was scared as anything going into my interview on thursday and not scared at all with the skydiving.... hmmm...

With that kind of though process in mind, your a very strange man brad !!. Laughing Wink

But a great guy as well Smile
grapes of gorf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only been in a plane once and I jumped out of it. It was during a working holiday in Darwin. It was a twin jump I was strapped to an experienced trainer. We landed next to a beach, for me it really wasn't scary because it was an un-reality event (dreamlike) Unlike skateboarding if you drop in of the half pipe after hurting yourself you can see the ground and you know that gravity is not your friend it was terrifying for me. Skydiving was a lot easier because reality seemed a long way away (I left it on the runway). My jump could have been filmed but I chose not to (because I was short on $). I regret that now I wish I had paid to keep it forever on VHS.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: I went skydiving yesterday... Reply with quote

-@-Grapes-You will just have to jump again and this time Videotape the whole jump Smile

-@-Retrobrad-Whooosh...............................................thud!! Crying or Very sad
(oops I forgot to check my chute!)(sorry I just couldnt help it..... Embarassed )

Smile tomz Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The off-topic Lounge All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: