retrobrad
Next year....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Next year.... Reply with quote

So whos up for next year then?

ive been speaking with some of the guys about getting a convention going next year and its going to be a joint effort with loads of people having an input and bringing along their favourite games and consoles to setup.

If anyone has any ideas of how to make it better for next year, or if anyone wants to help out or whatever, post your thoughts here because i think this could be the start of something pretty big!

and we also need a new name for the convention (i.e not the retrobrad convention) but a convention that is sponsered by retrobrad and grapes' computer museum???
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brad, if another will be organised, which state will it be in?
THB
novice
novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, I am pretty keen on the grapes museum idea. The tent idea isnt bad but logistically it could be a bit of a nightmare what with power cords and electrical equipment at the mercy of the elements. Will have a think about it and get back to you guys with some suggestions rather than just negativity.
mixojoe
expert
expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next year I will be there, so beware!
grapes of gorf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mixjoe, I think I saw you at the Melbourne Egames Expo. I was going to say g'day when a person dressed as a huge life size Mario started manhandling you. Are you OK?

I have posted some photos of my shed bottom of page. It is approximately 1/3 the size of the convention room Brad used this year for the convention. The advantage of using it would be that I would not charge a huge hiring fee. The shed is used on the weekends and by appointment as retro gaming outlet. My costs are public liability insurance and loan repayments. I can claim internet and power use and 'depreciation price for new video games' of the profit (if there is any profit). I couldn't afford to open the shed if I did not also have a full time job. I live next door to the shed in a 1930's train carriage it has frugal furnishings I could dump them all in a shed for the duration of the convention and this area could also be used. One problem with having two area's would be that people might break of into groups and not mix. I think on the whole we all mixed fairly well at the retrobrad event. I would be happy to lend the shed for $3 a head Brad should also take a fee for the work he does on this site and if he wants to organise tickets. I think If my shed is used exclusively (not the train) 30 people would be close to maximum. The shed stays relatively cool in summer because I did not use lazerlite and did use insulation. I am planing on installing two very large fans this year.

There might be more merit in having an event at a capital city? what do people think about that? the costs to hire a place would increase but you might get more people.

The gaming events should be clearly defined before the event eg

12.30 Street fighter 2 competition (competition rules) prize - (2 chickos one can of Fanta and a fiz wiz) - even if prizes are crap they are still prizes

1.15 Whiteb shows of Minimig

etc etc

Someone should be in charge of the days planed events

The event that Brad organised was nice and personal. If you made an event the other way. Charge for a stall maybe $20 then allow general public in for $4 could make some money or could be a big flop. An event like that would have to be held in a large city with high traffic and parking. Does anyone think that that is the route that should be taken? Do you have other suggestions?

mixojoe
expert
expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh man you should have come up. Did you see me near the entrance in the afternoon? Mario was being very cheeky indeed!
grapes of gorf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept well away Mario was a sicko. Sorry I was a coward on that day.
mixojoe
expert
expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time go in "Custer's Revenge" style lol
rupert
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooohhhhh... I'm very jelous of your games shed. That looks really awsome. I think if I was aloud in there i'd come out with a long grey beard Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: