AmigaCD32
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cammy
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Brad.

I'm using a program called Backbone to make my game, it's a point & click game maker, I don't know how to code unfortunately. Sad

But hopefully a good Amiga coder will come along and offer to help out and code the game for us. Smile

Tomz, all those CD32s that were with-held from being shipped to the USA were found in a warehouse in China and they're selling them brand new (NTSC) on eBay. They'd need a power converter to work over here though.

Progress on my Halloween platform game is coming along kinda slowly, but I'll make sure everyone will be able to play the full game by Halloween this year. We're also working on another game with a few other people called Anihilation. It's a horizontally scrolling shoot em up.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: CD32 Reply with quote

Cammy-I have noticed brand new CD32s being sold on eBay in ther last few weeks and they come onto the market at around the $50 mark,thats US dollars,I also noticed the fairly high postage costs associated with landing them here in OZ.

BTW-Is ''Backbone'' avail on net somewhere? Wink

Smile tomz Smile
Cammy
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have got one of these new NTSC CD32s myself if it weren't for those steep prices. Still, it's great news for all those retro gamers over in the USA (wth a bit more money to throw around than us).

Backbone is available to download on the Aminet, you just have to search for Backbone. Make sure you install the extra files and the update if you get it. I can send you a cracked keyfile if you like, it removes the limitations. The program is abandonware and hadsn't been updated in ten years, and hasn't been able to be registered for that long either, so don't feel bad about using the cracked keyfile (cracked by Digital Corruption in 2007).
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: AmigaCD32 Reply with quote

Thanks Cammy! I downloaded Backbone off Aminet,and will now check it out,I may be able to remove its limitations myself,but if not I will certainly take you up on your kind offer. Smile

As for the varying prices of CD32s on eBay,I think the most expensive one I have seen so far was in excess of US$250+ and the cheapest around the US$50+ mark.The fact that they are NTSC machines doesnt help anyone in OZ,who may be a potential buyers. Crying or Very sad

p.s. Any further developments with your game,?

Smile tomz Smile
Cammy
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's a real shame that all those new CD32s are NTSC. For this reason, I'm determined to release both PAL and NTSC versions of our upcoming games. Hopefully this will become a reality.

Progress has been slow on the Halloween Nightmare game, we've taken suggestions and feedback from people who played it and are reshaping the game. It'll still be a platformer, but there will be more action and less wandering around, searching.

Annihilation is starting to come along nicely though. We're developing the story for it now, it will feature three pilots/ships to choose from, each one with upgradeable weapons and plenty of special bonus powerups.

But those aren't the only two games that are coming out on the Amiga. Underground Arcade is working on lots of ideas for new games. We're trying to focus on arcade and console style games for now, and one of our next projects will be a four-player multiplayer party game for all 1mb+ Amigas. Other people are making games too, like Super Pumpkin Bros, which is a Bubble Bobble/Snow Bros type game for AGA Amigas which might be released this year.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: AmigaCD32 Reply with quote

We sure are all waiting for the next instalment from Cammy, and whilst we wait perhaps some of us would like to add this CD32 friendly download to our colly, but be warned the person who uploaded it forgot to compress it so its a massive 110MBs in size, okay okay so its only about a 7th of a cd but for those of us on limited downloads this may be too high.

Its the Cover CD from Amiga Power issue 49, enjoy......... Smile

http://www.tiffanyteen.tv/amiga/cd32/ap49.nrg

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: AmigaCD32 Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
We sure are all waiting for the next instalment from Cammy, and whilst we wait perhaps some of us would like to add this CD32 friendly download to our colly, but be warned the person who uploaded it forgot to compress it so its a massive 110MBs in size, okay okay so its only about a 7th of a cd but for those of us on limited downloads this may be too high.

Its the Cover CD from Amiga Power issue 49, enjoy......... Smile

http://www.tiffanyteen.tv/amiga/cd32/ap49.nrg

Smile tomz Smile

thanks for the link mate!

Hey Cammy - do you have any screenshots you can post?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> All about Amiga! All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: