retrobrad
Old cartridges, nes,gameboy. What ever!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VERTIGO
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Old cartridges, nes,gameboy. What ever! Reply with quote

I want all your old cartridges (dead or not). I will only pay 20c to 50c each and 50c is pushing it, if they are dead why hold on to them.
THB
novice
novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you want them, is it some project the whole retro community will benefit from? Or are you planning to do something arty with them? Perhaps a car made from NES cartridges... yes... yes... I see where you are going with this.... you must be stopped before its too late...

Seriously what you got going on over there? Shocked
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He He Ha Ha Laughing
VERTIGO
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work with lots of hardware and software all the time. I want the cartridges to reclam parts that are not easy to buy.
Quote:
Perhaps a car made from NES cartridges... yes... yes... I see where you are going with this.... you must be stopped before its too late...
Don't give up your day job.
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERTIGO wrote:
I work with lots of hardware and software all the time. I want the cartridges to reclam parts that are not easy to buy.
Quote:
Perhaps a car made from NES cartridges... yes... yes... I see where you are going with this.... you must be stopped before its too late...
Don't give up your day job.

Easy Virtigo, THB is only having a bit of fun no need to get annoyed!!
VERTIGO
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My work is mainly professional, I take the comment is meant to be disrespectful. BTW a lot of professionals take parts from old toys, game consoles, computers, remotes, TV's, VCR's, phones, cameras, etc. The practice is widely used.

So, if you have old cartridges you don't want, or that don't work. I will buy them from you.

Quote:
Why do you want them, is it some project the whole retro community will benefit from? Or are you planning to do something arty with them? Perhaps a car made from NES cartridges... yes... yes... I see where you are going with this.... you must be stopped before its too late...

The community might benefit, but with half witted comments like that, hmmm... I don't know.
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERTIGO wrote:
My work is mainly professional, I take the comment is meant to be disrespectful. BTW a lot of professionals take parts from old toys, game consoles, computers, remotes, TV's, VCR's, phones, cameras, etc. The practice is widely used.

So, if you have old cartridges you don't want, or that don't work. I will buy them from you.

Quote:

The community might benefit, but with half witted comments like that, hmmm... I don't know.

Thats fine I understand where your coming from and it sounds good with what your doing and I respect that, but life can't be serious all the time got to liven up a bit you know. Life's to short to be so serious! This forum is meant to be a fun place and theres nothing wrong with a bit of a laugh. I love reading comments with cheek, it adds humour! It's all just fun. Please don't take offence with what i'm saying. Laters
THB
novice
novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah was just having a laugh, it was a lame joke I admit but it sounded better than the stock standard: "Why do you want them?"

You kinda came off as rude in your first post like we should be lucky if we get 50c for our old carts, I know that probably wasn't your intention. And sorry if I came across rude in my reply.

In answer to your original query, I don't have any dead carts that I would be willing to get 50c for. But if I thought it was an interesting project or something like that I would of probably donated some.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well well, this would have to be the most intense topic this humble forum has ever seen!

having said that, all of us here are avid retro game collectors and know the worth of our beloved cartridges. I could never ever see myself parting with any of my carts in my collection for 50c.

but again, having said that i too would love to buy games for 50c a piece!
THB
novice
novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrobrad wrote:
well well, this would have to be the most intense topic this humble forum has ever seen!

Its the retrobrad version of a flamewar. Smile
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Old cartridges,NES,Gameboy.What ever! Reply with quote

Well Im glad thats sorted as I was fast becoming a 40 a day baby smoker

Even a few years ago,I would just toss a C64 cart once it stopped working as it was no good to me like that. I even remember dumping 2 Sega carts that stopped working (no matter what I tried) These days though I would probably send it to someone on this forum who could maybe use it as there are a few talented people here who can use a soldering iron efficiently.(unlike me,coz if you want a welding job done with solder then Im your man)

I have to agree with Brad that this has been the most intense topic that we have ever had on the forum, but if this is as bad as it ever gets then we really dont have much to worry about as a forum,and we'll retain our title as being one of the friendliest forums on the net Smile

Vertigo-Dont take offence at any post in here as they are made in good fun and nothing else.Keep doing and posting about your mods etc that you are doing as they sound very interesting,and we all learn from each other in here,and if any more of my carts die,then their casings are yours Smile

Ike-I understand your humour and I know you meant no offence in your posting but perhaps get to know members a bit more before familiarity is assumed as not everyone is the same.And some of us arent as fortunate as you, to have actually met some of the other members in person.(insert remeber the Conference)(sigh...) but you and Mixojoe pleasee feel free to continue hanging it on me as I dont have any probs being ragged Razz

Twisted Evil tomz Twisted Evil
VERTIGO
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect that the comments 'are light hearted fun', but I don?t see any fun in modifying a console!...the price tags are open to the user "members" and are variable to console design modifications!
Quote:
I have to agree with Brad that this has been the most intense topic that we have ever had on the forum, but if this is as bad as it ever gets then we really dont have much to worry about as a forum,and we'll retain our title as being one of the friendliest forums on the net
I have user names all over the web, but if the forum is friendly and, I have over stepped the line. I will be happy to leave.

<EDIT> Tom, thanks mate. Did you like that link I sent you? I hope you pasted it on to Brad.<EDIT>

Regards, VERTIGO
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Old cartridges,NES,Gameboy.What ever! Reply with quote

VERTIGO-Could you post a list of your mods + prices in the MY MODS section of this forum please!.Id be interested in seeing what I can add to my various console to enhance them.

YES this is a friendly forum
NO you havent overstepped any line
No We dont want you to leave

If by chance anyone overteps the line,they first get a PM, the problem (whatever it is) is discussed.
If it continues,then a warning is sent via PM, this would come from the Administrator
If the problem continued then and only then,some sort of ban (maybe a week,maybe forever?) would follow.(but it would have to be really bad)

NEVER has a person been banned on this forum, of coz I have deleted plenty of spam (bots) as the other mods have also. This problem was sorted out by BRAD a couple of months ago.(now they cant get thru)

We are all friends here with the same love of RETRO be it our Amigas or Nintendos or Segas etc. So I hope that clears up any doubts you may have had regarding this site and our members,of which you are one also.

BTW-Yes I liked that link so much that I did a seperate posting called I ROBOT and that can be found in the OFF TOPIC section of this forum. Smile

Smile tomz Smile
VERTIGO
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomz, I still class my mods as...active product ideas, under patient, still under construction, etc.. and I don't wish to post. Most are, if not all mods need the person to have advanced design and engineering abilities, with a strong background of electronics. The person needs to program the hardware and software to adjust for PCB and production errors. My mod's are hard to work with, all my mod's are meant for expects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: