retrobrad
Brad, hows the programming going

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The off-topic Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VERTIGO
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Brad, hows the programming going Reply with quote

I noticed that you have a car game that you've made, but I don't see any other improves that you have done to it yet. I did however notice that your code is going to run into some problems soon. I have experenced this myself when I started programming and the key is to handle the PCLATH register. I have some books on programming in the fashion that you have wrote your code which I would be glad give to you. If you MP me a PO box address I will post them to you asap.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Brad, hows the programming going Reply with quote

VERTIGO wrote:
I noticed that you have a car game that you've made, but I don't see any other improves that you have done to it yet. I did however notice that your code is going to run into some problems soon. I have experenced this myself when I started programming and the key is to handle the PCLATH register. I have some books on programming in the fashion that you have wrote your code which I would be glad give to you. If you MP me a PO box address I will post them to you asap.

i havn't done any pic programming in a while to be honest - ive been quite busy with a few other things lately Smile

i can see what you're talking about in regards to PCLATH, but for the life of me i just havent been able to figure out how to implement it?

Vertigo - are you able to give a quite tutorial on PCLATH and how to use it?

lets say i had a table that had 200 retlw statements like this:

table_1
retlw b'01010000'
retlw b'11100010'
retlw b'00001110'
plus another 197 lines etc....

how would i implement PCLATH to make the program be able to use all 200 retlw statments here?

any help would be very much appreciated.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Brad hows the proggramming going? Reply with quote

I cant help with PCLATH only with assembler on C64,even though I do know a few of the other programming languages.

I have played arounnd with Blitz Basic on C64 and Amiga,and C++ on PC
For anybody just starting out,I would recommend either turbo assembler on C64 or C== on PC as both of these can return some nice effects.

We all have different degrees of talent (knowledge in a certain area) and we should all develop the one we understand the best. I wont kid myself for a moment in thinking that I will do something in PCLATH (and it will actually work) as I have no familiarity with that particular language,but to day it seems like we should all have even a small limited knowledge of how each one works (does its job).

Maybe this post should continue on and become our regular help page for ALL programmimg help, whatever the language.But especially the newer ones.

I think we probably have the necessary talent here, so that part shouldnt be a worry, how bout it?

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Brad hows the proggramming going? Reply with quote

Yeah, sounds good tomz.

I'm actually in the process of designing a complete electronics kit which i plan on selling.

The kit is a hand held video game which has controls similar to a gameboy (d-pad, a and b buttons, select and start) it has a bi-colour 8x8 led screen (which doesnt sound like you could do very much with, but ive made some pretty fun games on it!)

Basically the kit will contain the circuit board and all components so you get to build it all yourself, it will also have a detailed description of exactly how the circuit works. The brains of the unit is a pic microcontroller so it also has a whole heap of tutorials on how to program the microcontroller in the most fun way (in my opinion) you get to program games!

i will pre-program all the games including:

- car race
- tetris clone
- defender clone
- a simple adventure game
- pong clone
- breakout clone
- space invaders clone

and hopefully a few more.

So basically it is going to be quite an in depth microcontroller programming course and should be loads of fun too!

would anyone here be interested?
grapes of gorf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sounds cool.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Brad hows the proggramming going? Reply with quote

You can put me down for it too, just think, a free , online course Smile

Smile tomz Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The off-topic Lounge All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: