Who own a Commodore Cd/TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rybags
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a CD32 a few weeks ago. $25 + $15 postage
Only the console - no PSU or controllers.

I made a power connector so I can just use the 4 pin peripheral molex connector from a PC PSU.

I went to Jaycar but they didn't have any of the plugs of the type the CD32 uses.

So, I just used another one which had the pins in almost the same positions. Just apply heat the the unwanted pins, then pull them out.

The remaining pins aren't quite in the position required, but can be moved by heating and forcing into place.

End result looks a little messy but works. Finish up by soldering the wires onto the pins, then fill the whole lot with silicone glue and put the sheath over it.

Next up is to find or make a controller - I've read that Genesis/Megadrive pads can be modded to work, but I'm getting conflicting info at almost every site I find.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good buy!

and you should have no problem using a megadrive controller - i have used megadrive controllers and also third party megadrive controllers on my cd32 and they work a treat!

The cd32 is a fantastic console and theres plenty of public domain games available for it! you should look out for tetris pro - its great fun!

Rybags wrote:
I picked up a CD32 a few weeks ago. $25 + $15 postage
Only the console - no PSU or controllers.

I made a power connector so I can just use the 4 pin peripheral molex connector from a PC PSU.

I went to Jaycar but they didn't have any of the plugs of the type the CD32 uses.

So, I just used another one which had the pins in almost the same positions. Just apply heat the the unwanted pins, then pull them out.

The remaining pins aren't quite in the position required, but can be moved by heating and forcing into place.

End result looks a little messy but works. Finish up by soldering the wires onto the pins, then fill the whole lot with silicone glue and put the sheath over it.

Next up is to find or make a controller - I've read that Genesis/Megadrive pads can be modded to work, but I'm getting conflicting info at almost every site I find.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Who own a Commodore CD TV Reply with quote

I was also going to say a megadrive controller works fine,as that was what I used with mine (and a mouse of coz). But I must say you got yours cheap as I ended up with around the $200 mark for mine on e(vil)Bay about 3 months ago.

Rybags,if you get stuck for CDTV software just PM me as I kept backups of all my CDTV discs.And Im partial to anything I dont already have on C64/Amiga/PC. Laughing

BTW-I hope you guys dont mind but I moved this topic to here from C64 section. Wink

Smile tomz Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> All about Amiga! All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: