retrobrad
The First year (or so)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The off-topic Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: The First year (or so) Reply with quote

Well this site has been up and running for a little over a year now Smile

I'd love to say that it has been the biggest and best site ever... but it hasnt really - that doesnt mean it hasnt been fun though!

In the first day of opening the site, I had about 8 people sign upto the forum, things progressed slowly and a few posts showed up here and there. Then within a week more people signed up and there were some great discussions happening.

Then i opened up the retrobrad chat. I managed to chat to quite a few of you guys and that was great, tomz was a regular contender there and was always great to talk to about C64 stuff Smile

One of my original members - ozzipete (who was also a moderator) was one of the guys who put quite a bit of effort into the first convention - then he seemed to dissappear off the face of the earth. He was a no-show at the convention and i havent heard from him since...

Grapes of gorf is a fantastic guy and was a huge help at the convention! couldnt have done it without him. For those of you who didnt get to the first convention, we had about 18 people show up. It was really di-organised, but fun! Whiteb brought along his minimig which he built and got to show it off, blade brought along his killer A1200 setup and we even had a buy sell swap section!

The day was quite fun all in all, but this year is set to be bigger, better and more organised!

Who remembers vertigo? the resident retrobrad forum crankypants Wink you just couldnt talk to the guy - he always had to be better than everyone else - if you try and have a laugh with him he got very offended and he let everyone know what they were doing wrong! he must've been about 85 years old with that cranky temper of his...

2008 was a bit of a slow year, with the odd post here and there but thats about it. Its a small forum but its good to look back at all the old posts and smile!

well thats about it for now, thanks for the first year and i hope to see loads of you guys at the next expo!
mixojoe
expert
expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forums are hard to build up and be successful. It comes down to 3 main factors:

1. Content
2. Members
3. Environment to post
***astro_boy***
expert
expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with brad it has been a very busy year for me with not as much time to spend on this as much as i love it i remember when brad was first putting it together showing me new designs each week way before th site was online GOOD TIMES!!!!!!!!!
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***astro_boy*** wrote:
i agree with brad it has been a very busy year for me with not as much time to spend on this as much as i love it i remember when brad was first putting it together showing me new designs each week way before th site was online GOOD TIMES!!!!!!!!!

yeah - dont forget you can check out the original retrobrad site - then the second retrobrad site in the tid bits section Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The off-topic Lounge All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: