retrobrad
2008 event cancelled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: 2008 event cancelled Reply with quote

Well ive been advertising here and on ebay for a few weeks now and not one person is interested - so i'm just going to have to cancel the event.

I just don't have the time to do all this anymore.

Thanks to all those who came last year, it was great fun!

-brad
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a real shame Brad. I was quite looking forward to the next event but no more Sad I have recently spent some time in South Korea and didn't realise the impressive website you had put up prior to this latest announcement.

But if you do not have any time, then nothing more can be asked of you if that is the case, because i know it would be a time consuming process getting the final stages organised, although the event "was" still 3 months away, so in my opinion your pullout is somewhat premature.

The problem with using ebay is that unless you are actually looking for this, you are not really going to find it real easy unless you are being specific. What you needed was a surprise factor type of advertising where you advertise physically in all manner of places which suddenly catch peoples eye for whom are interested.

There are millions of retro gamers out there, the question is finding where they are how to get them. maybe we should put more effort into finding the best method of attracting these people!?. There are a couple of demo scene websites ( slengpung & poeut.net ) that have quite a number of Australians on them ( i have met about 20 of them ) and many demo sceners were gamers first and foremost and have quite an affiliation for anything retro ( especially the Commodore machines ).

If you are not ready to give up yet, i will try those other avenues, and if not, i respect your decision, you did a hell of an awesome job last year Smile
mixojoe
expert
expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! I was going to attend by have been very busy the last few weeks. Now Brad, there is that idea I privately floated to you
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id love for it to still go ahead.

Are you guys able to help out with advertising? let everyone know in all the forums you're a member of etc...

If we make it a joint effort then it should be a great success...
drewbar
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys. First time post here and more than happy to plug the convention ona few of the other forums I venture to such as:

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/
www.replacementdocs.com
http://www.atariage.com/forums/
www.geocaching.com.au

It seems the link to the actual expo site is down.

www.retrobrad.com/expo

Where is the best place to point anyone interested to?

Cheers.
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrobrad wrote:
id love for it to still go ahead.

Are you guys able to help out with advertising? let everyone know in all the forums you're a member of etc...

If we make it a joint effort then it should be a great success...

Well brad, you scared me shitless by saying the event would be canceled, so although that was not a tactic, its worked well in favour of getting me to pull my finger out for the event Laughing

There is NO reason why this event cannot grow bigger, and its unfair for it to be only "you" to be responsible for getting it known. It MUST be a group effort and if it is, then it can and will grow larger and larger every year!
mihcael
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know, i was/am planning to attend also, and ive got a mate who seems interested too!!

I have posted to a few amiga sites and i will again as it gets a bit closer!
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So should we still bother get on with the job of advertising this event Brad or has it officially been cancelled ??... I don't want to go all out trying to get this thing known only to find out that you truly do not wish to go ahead with it!?..

What's it going to be my friend Question Wink
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blade002 wrote:
So should we still bother get on with the job of advertising this event Brad or has it officially been cancelled ??... I don't want to go all out trying to get this thing known only to find out that you truly do not wish to go ahead with it!?..

sorry guys, im in Perth visiting family at the moment and have only just had a chance to use the internet now.

I wont be back for about another week, but if you could go ahead and do whatever advertising you were going to do that would be great. I still want it to go ahead for sure - it will be a great day!
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrobrad wrote:
blade002 wrote:

sorry guys, im in Perth visiting family at the moment and have only just had a chance to use the internet now.

I wont be back for about another week, but if you could go ahead and do whatever advertising you were going to do that would be great. I still want it to go ahead for sure - it will be a great day!

In the Tradition of Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade -:

You have chose WISELY! Wink Very Happy
mihcael
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrobrad wrote:

Posted to EAB and Lemon Amiga! I will send over some cash in the next few weeks!
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihcael wrote:
retrobrad wrote:

Posted to EAB and Lemon Amiga! I will send over some cash in the next few weeks!

thanks very much for that, it seems to be working, with a few people emailing me already!
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant make this year guys, too many commitments have cropped up including some assignments and exams are almost here. I didn't think it was all going to happen at once at th time of the Retro Event Sad

Have a great time everyone else, might see you next year if the whole thing is still running!?.

Smash another House of IBM for me Grapes! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: