retrobrad
hello again, retrobrad is back online.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The off-topic Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: hello again, retrobrad is back online. Reply with quote

I just thought i'd make my first post in quite a few months.

I am not sure exactly why I decided not to renew my hosting plan for retrobrad, but now I have it all uploaded again and hopefully people will still fin the info contained within these pages useful (i guess the modifications section is useful?)

2009 has been a busy year for me, We now have 2 children (with Noah just being born a few weeks ago) and Ben is now 18 months old. Work has been really good and I have been busy (still) working around the house. It's nearly all finished.

I have also been working quite a bit on my electronic projects, Most of my projects involve making retro style video games on mini 8x8 led screens.

One of my latest games is a super mario bros clone that I have called super pixel bros.

you can check it out on youtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB6vSHDDdhI

What has everyone else been upto.

(hopefully the email got through to you all letting you know that the site is back up)

anyway, thanks for the memories.

-brad
***astro_boy***
expert
expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brad Hi Eveyone. Thanx Brad for bringing RETROBRAD back to us was missed. Loved to call in and post a message to everyone every now and then or when able to find the time. condrads on new born and hope the rest of the family is doing well. Us three are doing well. well will talk to you all soon in the near future.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Hello again, retrobrad is back online Reply with quote

Good 'Day BRAD and EVERYBODY else,its nice to see the site back up and running,I too have missed it just like ***astro boy***,and agree 101% with everything he said. This was a place we used to congrate @, sometimes we got a nice crowd in the chatbox,I remmeber one time talking to 3 different members about 3 different topics/subjects and finding to my amazement that I could actually do it.

As the message gets out hopefully we will see the ole crowd here ,maybe even the odd newbie,encourage a friend who has similar interests like we do. And dont hesitate to post just about anything retro related as there is a wealth of information about a lot of different things/consoles/many early formats/even PCs,and we all have to learn things at sometime,thats one of the reasons its so nice to pass on any help or knowledge about a particular machine.

BRAD, I checked out your latest youtube release and Im amazed at what I saw,maybe this will get the current generation of kids involved in making their own (hardware) and also writing their own software for it,as for dressing it up,well thats just and added bonus I think the development side of this is the interesting aspect.

L.E.D.BOY I wonder if you have copyrighted the name yet......???
Depending on the cost, maybe it would not hurt Wink

L.e.D.b.O.Y. or l.E.d.B.o.Y. or LEDBoy or okay I will stop

P.S. why dont we have a PS3 Section.....?

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there tomz and astro - it seems like so long ago that I last replied to a post here. How old am I now - how many years has passed...

Unfortunately this database backup is a last years backup So it is missing any posts from jan this year uptill when the site shut down in june.

I may have made another backup, ill have to check.

Making the LEDBOY was fun and quite a learning experience. Its all programmed in assembly language (kinda like how they used to program atari 2600 games)

while i remember - I'm not sure why in the forum homepage it is not bringing up the total posts and total members etc... maybe something to look into later.

Why is there no PS3 section. Hmm. maybe because this is RETROBRAD! not MODERNBRAD! ah just kidding - do you really want a ps3 section? I can do it - I have the power

Smile

hey astro, hows the markets? is that guy still getting around with the big sticker on his van (cant remember his name...)

where are you working now?

This is good fun, I dont know what I was thinking with shutting this place down. silly me.

Tomz - you still need to get back to me about the laptop! wait, ill go check my inbox.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Hello again, retrobrad is back online Reply with quote

Hi Brad,Astro and anyone else reading.................... Smile

Why cant we just include PS3 in the ''THE REST'' section of this forum,after all I think it deserves to be in the forum for its backward compatability with its retro brothers,but it is a modern machine and hardly qualifies for its own section,hey but if you disagree well then shoot me down in flames.... Laughing

My daughter and her fiance have a PS3 and they can use it for many things apart from gameplay,I send her divx/avi/xvid (U know what format i mean) movies and stuff and they love it. but then the Xbox360 is very versitile. Like Brad for over a decade Ive kept away from Microsoft products as much as i could. For me that company heralded the end for the games I like,of coz they couldnt kill it off,one of the reasons theres so much interest in retro machines (computers and consoles) A lot of young users are realising that retro machines were something really incredible.

Just check out E(vil)bay or Craiglist and you will notice that these machines are getting more valuable almost on a daily basis. And its so nice to have this site, where many of us still own the real McKoys of various retro hardware(which of coz means we also have the appropriate software for these various machines.)

Smile tomz Smile

PS.-Brad how did U go with your collection (the whole colly) any interests, or were they all just wanna own it lookers? Crying or Very sad
***astro_boy***
expert
expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah still doing market!!!! is it just me or are we the only three back on here. also tomz you are right mainly nes and snes are in really high demand as well as master system II because everyone used to be obsessed with alex kidd in miracle world
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the collection goes I still have it!

I couldn't find a buyer who wanted it ALL so It's basically all still here.

I had a rough price for everything based on each individual item being worth $5.

which means a cartridge is worth $5, a console is worth $5, a magazine is worth $5 a computer system is worth $5, an arcade machine is worth $5 etc...

(this does not include the thousands of individual disks though)

So if everything was worth $5 each, then I think all up is was going to be about $20,000

That was just my rough guess.

I had one guy who said that he wanted to come around and pick up some items and I should charge him $5 for each item. I kinda laughed at that because have a guess at what items you might get if anything and everything was $5 each!

I mean, I was basing it on an averaging system but I think this guy was trying to take me for a ride...

speaking of alex kidd - Do you notice how most people call it alex the kid?

but either way it was and still is a great built in game
***astro_boy***
expert
expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i correct people all the time when they ask about sega console they say the one with alex the kid built in and i let them know it is Alex Kidd it just gets to me i don't know why?
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he he, set them straight!
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Glad to see your back Reply with quote

Hi Brad and all,
Been along time since i checked into retrobrad but glad to see the old gang are still around,hope all is well with everyone! will try to check in more often this time until then keep up the good work
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Very Quiet Reply with quote

Is there anybody out there??? Well guys as i`m all alone i thought i`d just say hello to you all,where you are god only knows but hey i`m used to us all being like ships in the night Laughing

Hope everyone is having a great and safe summer down under Confused now the good old U of the K is entering into Autumn Evil or Very Mad

Anyways guys i`ll check back in a few days to see if anyone is still alive here at Retrobrad,until then adidos.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Misha!

WOW - it's been a long long long time since I've heard from you!

Good to hear from you Very Happy Anyway, The site is basically now just here as a reminder of the great forum topics and conversations of yesteryear. I have not updated the site in a year or two and have been busy with all sorts of other things, the two kids certainly keep me busy anyway.

How is life with you? family well? hows work?

A private message box has popped up so I'll see who this is from...
samhead_nes
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, it's fun popping back from time to time. I bet almost everyone checks to see if there's anything new and exciting from time to time! Smile
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: hello again,retrobrad is back online Reply with quote

HI AGAIN FRIENDS, Im back after 1 years absence,thats how long I havent had a Net connection. I have looked in a few times on friends computers but finally and for at least the nest year Im all payed up Laughing

I got a vodaphone prepaid usb modem starter pack special for $99 - 15 GB - 365 days time to top up when the same download amount (15GB) will cost me $150 or less. Im STOKED pals, this I can afford Very Happy

I GREET each and everyone of you, yeah we have been a little bit slow this year but bear in mind the ADMIN has a family (a young one with kids) to look after and , well we all have lives and often real life everyday things have to be placed first. For me its been stinking hot everytime Ive gone to work, my work is varied as I work 3 days in a Christian op-shop one day mechanical maintanace at a local sawmill and sometimes 2 days in the forest with a loader ,a chainsaw and a logging truck for the forestry department so not only is the work wide and very varied (apart from the op-shop) its BLOODY HARD and I will be turning 62 next birthday (OUCH!!!) Crying or Very sad

Brad and a few others,check your PMs please............tom...................+z
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomz great to hear from you and thats fantastic that you are now back online!

Well I have been quite busy, have a growing family now which is great. I certainly don't have the spare time that I used to have but that's okay!

The site is still here for people to drop in and remember the good 'ol days and it's nice to see the odd post pop up in the forum now and again (just like this one Smile )

You seem to be working hard there buddy, but as the bible states - it's a good feeling to have earned your pay Smile

Look forward to catching up more with yourself (and anyone else if you're out there...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The off-topic Lounge All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: