retrobrad
Anyone played with the power pc amigas?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Anyone played with the power pc amigas? Reply with quote

Ive read a bit about the new power pc Amigas out there but havent actually ever seen one - has any one had anything to do with them?
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`d love to get my hands on power pc amiga,not to sure but i think you need one to get the full benefit from OS 4.0.

I think i`m to busy building a retro collection the 1/4 of the size of most people and i`m pretty much happy with the miggy i got,any tips anyone can give me in my retro collecting expolits,a kind of do`s and dont`s will be greatly recieved.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misha wrote:
I`d love to get my hands on power pc amiga,not to sure but i think you need one to get the full benefit from OS 4.0.

I think i`m to busy building a retro collection the 1/4 of the size of most people and i`m pretty much happy with the miggy i got,any tips anyone can give me in my retro collecting expolits,a kind of do`s and dont`s will be greatly recieved.

hmm, you probably shouldnt take my advice, i get pretty much anything and everything (i have over 30 copies of the ninja, super mario bros, super tennis etc...)

and more than 10 of each console (lick SNES, Mega Drive etc..)

but i guess i like collecting loads of everything so that i can perform mods to them.

I.E i am making re-writable cartridges out of all the Super Mario Bros / The Ninja Carts so i can put Whatever game i like on them.

But if you're limited on space etc.. then the best thing to do is to check out ebay - preferably for the boxed gear and place a bid at the last minute, if you dont get it its no big deal because there will always be more.

Also you can check out garage sales and flea markets - people have no-idea what some old retro gear is worth! i have picked up a nes console with eight boxed games for $2!!!

just remember, when it comes to garage sales etc.. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU MIGHT FIND!!!)

oh and also check out op-shops i have picked up boxed game and watch consoles for $2.50 each (about five of them!)

-brad
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your advice is a good as anyone`s so yeah i`ll take it if you wanna offer any,i`m not going to want 2 or 3 of everything because i haven`t got the room but if i could i`d like to get at least every game ever released for every system...ambitious i know but i`ll give it a go,anyway, you can`t buy anything and everything as i`m sure you wouldn`t own a ZX81 ok brad mate prove me wrong Laughing
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misha wrote:
your advice is a good as anyone`s so yeah i`ll take it if you wanna offer any,i`m not going to want 2 or 3 of everything because i haven`t got the room but if i could i`d like to get at least every game ever released for every system...ambitious i know but i`ll give it a go,anyway, you can`t buy anything and everything as i`m sure you wouldn`t own a ZX81 ok brad mate prove me wrong Laughing

alright, you got me there....

but now i am going to make it my mission to get (a reasonably priced) ZX81!

in the mean time heres a photo of one Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah my god it`s my worst nightmare come back to haunt me Laughing even i wouldn`t make it my mission to get one,there is only so far i`d go in my collecting.

Be my guest there are a few knocking around on ebay.co.uk but they are quite expensive,most are complete systems.

enjoy the ZX81 once you get one ok mate Very Happy
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misha wrote:
Ah my god it`s my worst nightmare come back to haunt me Laughing even i wouldn`t make it my mission to get one,there is only so far i`d go in my collecting.

Be my guest there are a few knocking around on ebay.co.uk but they are quite expensive,most are complete systems.

enjoy the ZX81 once you get one ok mate Very Happy

hey come on, theyre not that bad!

the ZX81 is your friend Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> All about Amiga! All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: