retrobrad
hard drive problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rorsta
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: hard drive problem Reply with quote

I got a GVP A500 HD8+ Series 2 hard drive (120 meg) with 4 Meg on board for my A500. It was working fine until i formatted it ages ago and hasnt worked since. A500 wont recognise it and tells me its not there. the GVP software tells me its there but 0 MEG and is not a valid SCSI unit. yes i tried BINDRIVERS. there is no icon for DH0: on workbench either. i cant acess the HD at all with my limited knowledge. PLEASE HELP as i love my Amiga and not changing disks was extacy before i formatted the HD!!!!
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: hard drive problem Reply with quote

rorsta wrote:
I got a GVP A500 HD8+ Series 2 hard drive (120 meg) with 4 Meg on board for my A500. It was working fine until i formatted it ages ago and hasnt worked since. A500 wont recognise it and tells me its not there. the GVP software tells me its there but 0 MEG and is not a valid SCSI unit. yes i tried BINDRIVERS. there is no icon for DH0: on workbench either. i cant acess the HD at all with my limited knowledge. PLEASE HELP as i love my Amiga and not changing disks was extacy before i formatted the HD!!!!

Hi Rorsta,

how exactly did you format the harddrive?
what gvp software are you using?

and lastly - does it recognise the 4 meg ram in the HD8+?

-brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> All about Amiga! All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: