retrobrad
Original SNES games that got worse on newer consoles...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Original SNES games that got worse on newer consoles... Reply with quote

Two amazing games on the SNES that i love are Super Mario Kart and Pilotwings. These two games then made it onto the N64 but in my opinion didnt have the same amazing feel and gameplay.

are there any other games that first came out on the SNES that were then ported to different systems, that came out worse???
Gmintyfresh
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really agree with you about Super Mario Kart 64, it really wasn't a patch on the SNES version.

The controls were floaty on the 64 version; the SNES version was very tight and intuitive.

The tracks were also too long and boring, it's kart racing and the SNES version had brilliant track design.

The game seemed to unfairly balanced and rewarded computer characters with the best power ups if you got too far ahead and unlike the SNES version you didn't get the satisfaction of finishing miles ahead of your computer opponents using your skill.

Mario Kart Super Circuit and Double Dash both have the same magic as the first game though!!

I must admit that I really prefer the N64 version of Pilotwings to the SNES version, for one simple reason, it's much more forgiving. The SNES version was so difficult!!

It's a controversial statement to make but Mario 64 is in my opinion not as good as Super Mario World or Yoshi's Island, don't get me wrong it's a great game but a love the design of SMW and the innovative nature of YI much more!
ozzipete

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F-Zero for the SNES then came F-ZeroX for the 64 even though on paper the 64 version is supposed to be better with full 3D graphics and better rendering I still think the SNES version is better
Gmintyfresh
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozzipete wrote:
F-Zero for the SNES then came F-ZeroX for the 64 even though on paper the 64 version is supposed to be better with full 3D graphics and better rendering I still think the SNES version is better

You're right!! The sheer amount of computer controlled characters made N64 F-Zero very exiting but the original F-Zero was a very pure racing experience. The graphics on F zero X were very lacking too, It was trying to be too much like wipeout - again the GC version of F Zero was a return to form.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Narly Nintendo! All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: