Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozzipete

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virtual Boy ...... Baseball
All I can say is WOW!!!!!!
how cool are these things
I am smitten
lost for words in fact and to come complete with brand new sealed games ..WOOT !!!! Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virtual Boy is still on my "must buy" list but it looks like staying there a while unless I find a really good bargain! Glad to see that at least someone can enjoy it! Are you going to the con', ozzipete? Maybe if we're really nice to you, you could bring your VB with you! We'll be gentle with it, I promise!
Oh, and in case anyone's wondering (which I doubt), I've finally cracked the gameplay elements of Castlevania: Symphany of the Night! Once I worked out a few things, it was pretty straight forward. Wow, what an amazing game! Quite possible the best platform game I have ever played! You know when a game is really good because every spare moment is spent playing it, thinking about it and even dreaming about it! So if you've got a spare $150.00 lying around the house, get on line and buy a copy straight away (if you can find one)! Now I know why Retro Gamer always goes on and on and on about it!
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel C wrote:
Castlevania: Symphany of the Night! Once I worked out a few things, it was pretty straight forward. Wow, what an amazing game! Quite possible the best platform game I have ever played! You know when a game is really good because every spare moment is spent playing it, thinking about it and even dreaming about it! So if you've got a spare $150.00 lying around the house, get on line and buy a copy straight away (if you can find one)! Now I know why Retro Gamer always goes on and on and on about it!

Looks Really Good Smile
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right Daniel, Castlevania SOTN is one of my all time Fav's. I've finished it twice. If you realy enjoy that you should play both DS Castlevania's. They are very good also.
grapes of gorf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Castlevania: Symphany of the Night so bad, but am just to much of a jew to shell out big bucks for it. I hope to find it cheep out in the wild one day.

Lately I have been playing Juno First in a cocktail machine and 'Enter the Matrix' on Gamecube. I didn't think Enter the Matrix would be much chop, but it's kinda cool. A lot of the time while playing through it I am thinking 'why didn't they put this in the movie?'. The first two Matrix films blew me away but the last did not entirely quench my appetite. Playing Enter the Matrix is in a weird way enhancing how I view the final movie.
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Grapes, ease up on the "jew" comments!
Anyway, I've just about finished CSOTN and the game has been worth every cent! I paid over a hundred bucks for it (which is actually pretty reasonable believe it or not) but really, when you think about it, brand new games for the new platforms can cost upwards of $110.00 and this game beats Heavenly Sword any day!
I just bought a "new" data recorder so I can finally load up my Speccy games again! It's by a company called Aquarius and it's so good that it loads games that I thought were dead. I'm not quite sure whether it designed for a computer called Aquarius or if that's just the company name. Ghosts 'N' Goblins on the Speccy! Yeah!!
grapes of gorf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, about using the Jew stereotype!, I should have compared myself to a Scrooge. I have never skipped a meal so that I could buy another game. But I always downgrade my cut of beef, why buy T-bone or Scotch fillet when Topside will do just fine at $11.99kg. Less money spent on food means more money for games.

Mattel did release an Aquarius computer, but I did not know that the 'Aquarius Data recorder' was compatible with a Speccy.

'Heavenly Sword' looks cool but it is apparently to easy to complete. Have you completed CSOTN? how long did it take?
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: What game are you currently playing Reply with quote

Currently playing the PC version of ROAD RASH and it plays just as well as the AMIGA version, theres very little difference between the two which makes me suspect that its a straight out porting of the original game. Smile

@-DanielC- $100 is reasonable price for a game?? I must be stuck in a mid 80s timewarp.

Smile tomz Smile
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, tomz, you should check out the prices for latest release PS3 games! But then, I was looking at the cover of a copy of Kid Icarus for the NES the other day and it still had the original price tag on it: $99.99! And that would have been around 1988-89. So in fact, given inflation over the last twenty years, new games prices have actually dropped! This is probably one of the reasons that I stayed with my C64 for so long when I was kid. I never had a disk drive back then (too expensive!) but I could buy cassettes for $1.99 each at K-Mart when the console kids had to fork out their $99.99 for one measly cartridge!
As for CSOTN, I have nearly completed it and would probably have done so by now had I not been distracted by my newly empowered Speccy. At a conservative estimate by a reasonably average gamer, I would say that it probably takes around two weeks to complete at a couple of hours a day. Not bad when you consider drivel like Medal of Honor: Vanguard for the PS2 which I completed in one afternoon and I already said I'm a pretty average gamer! What a rip off and a mighty stain on the otherwise excellent MOH franchise.
tomz, thanks for the info on the Aquarius computer. I think I'll try to track onw down for my collection. I, too, was surprised that the data recorder was Speccy-compatible as I thought that the 48K wonder needed volume and tone controls. Apparently not and as I said, perfect loading first time, every time!
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Grapes, I meant to thank you, not that nasty tomz fella! Wink
***astro_boy***
expert
expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leisure suit larry eight very funny game
mixojoe
expert
expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have modelled my life after Larry!
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: What game are you currently playing Reply with quote

Deluxe GALAGA on the Amiga, one hell of a great (but highly addictive) time consuming game. And for me, its the best version of the Galaga game on any platform. Smile

DanielC wrote:
Quote:
Sorry Grapes I meant to thank you, not that nasty tomz fella Wink

You are welcome mate, anytime Laughing

Smile tomz Smile
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I "was" going to play Leander ( Amiga ) for an online game competition, but the round ended ( no prizes ) on a site called EAB, but now i will be playing a game called Skweek ( Amiga ). Smile
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing Castlevania Chronicles on the Psp. It's Castlevania Rhondo of Blood from the TG16 CD game just with updated graphics. Very important to play if you loved Castlevania SOTN it's based before it and after Bloodlines on the Megadrive. For once a good game has come out on the crappy Sony handheld. It's only good for Emu's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> And the rest... All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: