retrobrad
Am i going mad ?!?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The off-topic Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Am i going mad ?!?!? Reply with quote

Is it me or do we keep getting more members only to find the next time i login some have gone?
Must be cracking up in my old age....sure yesterday it said we had 24 members,unless i`m right and it`s someone who`s been banned trying different nicks.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Am i going mad ?!?!? Reply with quote

Misha wrote:
Is it me or do we keep getting more members only to find the next time i login some have gone?
Must be cracking up in my old age....sure yesterday it said we had 24 members,unless i`m right and it`s someone who`s been banned trying different nicks.

Nope, you're not going mad - i have been deleting users who sign up who have either been posting * or other junk on the site. also i have been deleting them if they sign up and in there profile they have a link to *.

so unfortunately theres been about 4 or 5 people who have done this in the past week or so - it would be good if we had some real members sign up Very Happy
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Am i going mad?!?!? Reply with quote

Yeah,its good to keep (pron) that sort of garbage out of this forum, and its good to see the Admin deal with it in a fast and effective manner. Lemon falls down in this area sometimes,something you would not expect with all the MODS they have on their forum. (not ragging anyone there)

As for the number of members,real ones that is,well the genuine retro gamers will stay,Im sure,whilst Brad whittles out the weeds.....

What a happy lil garden, our forum IS! Cool

Smile tomz Smile
ozzipete

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I supoose its like any forum though you will always have the odd few the flamers the spammers and the * posters I think they get a kick out of doing obscure things.
Vigilence is the key to keeping these idiots out. Evil or Very Mad
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozzipete wrote:
I supoose its like any forum though you will always have the odd few the flamers the spammers and the * posters I think they get a kick out of doing obscure things.
Vigilence is the key to keeping these idiots out. Evil or Very Mad

yeah, im getting pretty sick of all those people who sign up. You get pretty suspicous when their website in their profile is either a * site or some * site....
jungle ninja
novice
novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I am a real member, although my wife thinks I am not! Razz Laughing Wink

No, your right! People should stop doing those stupid things!
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Am I going mad? Reply with quote

Anyone who likes PIRATES must be a real member, just get your wife to PM me and I will explain OUR addiction to her Wink

Pirates is a top game on the C64, was it ever done on other formats? Confused

Smile tomz Smile
jungle ninja
novice
novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Am I going mad? Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
Anyone who likes PIRATES must be a real member, just get your wife to PM me and I will explain OUR addiction to her Wink

Pirates is a top game on the C64, was it ever done on other formats? Confused

Smile tomz Smile

Yeah, on almost every system, from the Nintendo 8-bit to the Atari ST version. I am making a whole history of it. They even made a remake (Sid Meier himself) on the pc in 2004 and they have it also on the xbox and the psp.

Well, about my wife, she lets me play my games, but I think she will never understand it. Well, she has her addiction too, she loves to be on the phone! Luckily we have a subsription and pay only 11 euro's a month and all phone calls are for free! (exept for foreign calls that is!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The off-topic Lounge All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: