retrobrad
What if !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The off-topic Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Could you sell your collection ?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: What if !!! Reply with quote

Time for a little honesty guys Exclamation

What if....one day your wife/girlfriend asked you to give up collecting,if she came to you and said that she felt that your consoles and games were more important to you than her,the condition she sets is either everything you`ve collected goes or she does....could you choose Question

I`d find it very difficult to choose between them,unlike most of you guys i`ve not been collecting for very long so the girlfriend came before my collecting so for me because i have a family i think if put in that position i`d sell my stuff on ebay,it would be hard to let it go but i would.

Your turn now guys,remember be honest ! i`m not here to judge you and neither are any of the other members,we are a group of guys that share a passion and maybe some long term friendships will come out of our passion.

Cheers

Misha Very Happy
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, i voted before i read the post.... Embarassed

if i had to give up my collection for my wife then i would (i wouldnt be the happiest camper though)

thats why you have to make sure you spend time with your significant other so that it never comes to that!
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: What If? Reply with quote

No I would not give up anything for a partner,however I would make sure I would keep her happy and content enough (by sharing the workload , maybe even a touch more) in this way she would not mind me spending time with my hobby, but there has to be a nice balance Smile

Smile tomz Smile
jungle ninja
novice
novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well definitly I would keep my family, but it would be wrong of the wife/girlfriend to ask something like that. That would mean she would have to give up all her hobbies too, which I think she wouldn't. Luckily my wife accepts it.

I have been married for almost 13 years and restarted collecting after I was married. It began as a small thing and now it's grown to be a daily need of doing. She accepts it (lucky me!), but yes, you need to balance the things. Help her out too, but also share time together and with the kids. But also I need my gaming time and luckily she lets me be!
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: What If? Reply with quote

Sounds to me like you have it all worked out,yeah family and their time in whatever form that takes must come 1st, still its nice tio hear that she accepts your gaming time,probably just as you understand any odd things that she may, at times need. Thats life (is there life after marriage he he)

Now when your children are old enough, introduce them to the C64 game world, thats if you havent already, I did with my kids when they were growing up, and it just added to my relationship with them,good stuff!! Very Happy

Smile tomz Smile
jungle ninja
novice
novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I will! They need to be a little bigger I guess. They have their own pc and games on it. They watch me play the pc and the consoles here and they like most of it. I even got them a racing steering wheel for the xbox. They just love it!
rupert
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even though it would make a nice deposit on a house no I wouldnt sell. My GF pretty much hates my collection but then again I hate Big Brother but am forced to watch it, I wouldnt expect her to stop watching somthing that interests her on my say so, abit of give and take is needed Twisted Evil
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: What If? Reply with quote

Rupert, tis a very very high price we pay..........etc etc Wink

I admire your honesty with regards to watching Big Brother yeah dullsvile

Its that personal SPACE (as in your own) that all relationships need, and you want you to be able to return it, I beleive every human being on this planet needs that bit of personal SPACE. In if by chance that relates to a hobby (as in you) or an interest (as in her) then hey, things can all work out nicely. Sounds to me that you and your wife know and accept each others, interests adequately, so hopefully I'll read some more posts from you mate! Smile till then....enjoy the hobby and tolerate BB... Laughing

Smile tomz Smile
jungle ninja
novice
novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupert wrote:
even though it would make a nice deposit on a house no I wouldnt sell. My GF pretty much hates my collection but then again I hate Big Brother but am forced to watch it, I wouldnt expect her to stop watching somthing that interests her on my say so, abit of give and take is needed Twisted Evil

You said it right! Thats what I mean! But then, all relationships are give and take, aren't they? With friends it's all the same, only in this, you don't want to dissapoint the other side do we? Wink
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it can be a fine line sometimes! but i have to say my wife is really cool, at night when she is watching tv, i just sit next to her doing a few things on my laptop = )

it works out good that way, but then shes also got a few hobbies of her own too.

then on weekends we still go out and do stuff - its seems to be a good mix at the moment. Smile
jungle ninja
novice
novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I wish my wife would take up her hobbies again too. I really encourage her to do so, but she is so busy with other things. She used to make 3d cards and stuff like that, just for the fun of it, nowadays she is so occupied with life and such, when she does have time, she just rests or studies. I love the woman to death.
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Know the problem jungle_ninja,the other half loves Big (Snore) Brother and i hate the show but that still isn`t enough to keep her happy,i guess what annoys her is the fact that nearly everyday i have something delievered to add to my collection,gonna have to slow down my collecting as it`s getting a little to much. My other half has no real hobbies and that`s the other problem...well apart from shopping but what woman doesn`t love that hobby Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The off-topic Lounge All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: