retrobrad
The Last Ninja series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Crazy about Commodore!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jungle ninja
novice
novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: The Last Ninja series Reply with quote

Well, this one is done on other C64 forums as well as on the last ninja forum, but thought it would be great to be done here as well.

How about The Last Ninja, I think it is one of the best games on the C64. I like nr. 1 the best, but 2 is nice too. 3 wasn't that good in my opinion.

There is a remake being done for the next gen consoles as well as the PSP:

Here's a screenie from the PSP version: (It looks the same, but better gfx!)

retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jungle Ninja - i just resized the screenshot for you (it wouldnt fit in the screen properly - you had to side scroll)

I agree with you about the original LN being the best. i really loved the isometric graphics, does this change in the new version? or is more of a 1st person perspective?
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Last Ninja Series Reply with quote

Cool game and lets not forget some of the brilliant musix in it Wink

Jungle Ninja - Cool gfx on the PSP but whats the gameplay like?

Smile tomz Smile
jungle ninja
novice
novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for refitting it, it's better now.

I don't know how the gameplay is, but seeing how the new remakes are these days, the ones made by the original owners (makers), they are the same. If I look at Prince of Persia (the remake for the XBox 360), it's exactly the same, but then with alot of extra's. But the gameplay is still best of all.

It looks like the LN remake is going to have the same gameplay, as in the screenshot it looks isometric. So I guess it would be the same. They are also making a remake of California games and have one ready for the game Impossible Mission and there the gameplay is exactly the same. So seeing these events, I can only say that it is probably going to be the same good ol gaming! Very Happy
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: The Last Ninja series Reply with quote

And I guess all these remakes say one thing for certain,that these games originally were great,and it also seems ,far superior, to some of the garbage thats being sold today on the the newer systems Cool

Of course thats why we are all here Smile

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: The Last Ninja series Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
And I guess all these remakes say one thing for certain,that these games originally were great,and it also seems ,far superior, to some of the garbage thats being sold today on the the newer systems Cool

Of course thats why we are all here Smile

Smile tomz Smile

thats absolutely true!

its like music also, they try and make remixes, but its just not the same...

these days everyone thinks its all about the graphics, but its not that at all - its about the amazing gameplay!
jungle ninja
novice
novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats true, but I do really like the remake of Prince of Persia on the XBox live! It's exactly the same, only with better grafix. You play it in 2d and have the cool moves + more. You now actually sword fight in it and it has the full beauty of a Persian palace in it. I am really addicted to it!
marky mark
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jungle ninja wrote:
They are also making a remake of California games and have one ready for the game Impossible Mission and there the gameplay is exactly the same.

A CALIFORNIA GAMES REMAKE!!! I love that game, what console is it going to, does anybody know?
jungle ninja
novice
novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky mark wrote:
jungle ninja wrote:
They are also making a remake of California games and have one ready for the game Impossible Mission and there the gameplay is exactly the same.

A CALIFORNIA GAMES REMAKE!!! I love that game, what console is it going to, does anybody know?

Yeah, on almost every console. The Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, PSP, probably on the Nintendo DS too, as they also have the Impossible Mission remake on it as well. I don't know for sure, but I think it is also coming to the PC, just like Sensible World Soccer is.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: The Last Ninja series Reply with quote

@-Retrobrad-Mate you hit the nail right smack on top of the head when you wrote

Quote:
These days everyoner thinks its all about the graphichs but its not at all, its about the amazing gameplay

Sure the improved graphics make it that much nicer but first and foremost its about the GAMEPLAY, lets face it, if it plays like crap then thats what it is, and if the gameplay is fun or good then it becomes a game worth playing ,on all formats. Wink

@-MarkyMark-I have to agree CALIFORNIAN GAMES is one of my faves as I had it on the C64/Amiga and the Sega Master System Smile As for Prince of Persia, where do you think this game was born? Do you know? Coz I do,I even know the programmers of the game.....brag brag etc

Its a great game,one that should be in the top 100 C64 games list, as well as NEWCOMER which is even more betterer..?!!( great grammar tom) Question

Recently I downloaded a heap of Retro games from RETROREMAKES and even though they run on the PC most of the games are worth playing as their respective programmers have managed to keep the original game play, which of coz was the thing that made them worth playing in the first place.

Sure it had more bells and whistles than the original but that was to be expected.

@-JungleNinja-Great news that they will be coming to PC as well, as I only have a limited number of different consoles, and I have no real problem with anyone using an Emulator (even though everyone in the world should be still using a Commodore 64 Laughing ) coz if you dont own a particular computer/console then you still deserve to enjoy a game, any game! Especially a Retrogame Razz

Smile tomz Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Crazy about Commodore! All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: