retrobrad
Was pitfall the very first 'platform' game?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Was pitfall the very first 'platform' game? Reply with quote

Im just trying to remember back, and the earliest 'platform' game i can think of is pitfall!, does that sound right or is was there a game before it?
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can`t say for sure what was the first platform game released on an Atari system but the following game has been credited as the first ever platform game.

Space Panic!!!

i`m sure there are some out there that will prove me wrong,that`s ok i`m only human after all and i to can make mistakes Very Happy
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misha wrote:
can`t say for sure what was the first platform game released on an Atari system but the following game has been credited as the first ever platform game.

Space Panic!!!

i`m sure there are some out there that will prove me wrong,that`s ok i`m only human after all and i to can make mistakes Very Happy

you could be right, that was originally an arcade game and then ported to the Colecovision wasnt it???

(well im pretty sure anyway...)
jungle ninja
novice
novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, because Pitfall came out later on in the Atari 2600 era. I saw this documentary about Activision and they told all about it, etc. Was very interesting. So, yeah, there should be earlier platform games, but the pitfall serie is the best Atari ever had, imho.
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeap your right mate was ported over to the Colecovision in 1980 i think but don`t quote me on that as i`m not 100% sure.

One game i used to love @ the arcade many moons ago was 720 skate or die,the money i spent in that machine i could have bought my collection again but when your young you do stupid things like waste money,not sure as to the systems it was ported over to but i do remember it was released on the Amstrad cpc464.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misha wrote:
Yeap your right mate was ported over to the Colecovision in 1980 i think but don`t quote me on that as i`m not 100% sure.

One game i used to love @ the arcade many moons ago was 720 skate or die,the money i spent in that machine i could have bought my collection again but when your young you do stupid things like waste money,not sure as to the systems it was ported over to but i do remember it was released on the Amstrad cpc464.

i wish there were still video game arcades to waste my money on....

how cool is this one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Amazing Atari! All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: