retrobrad
what was the best c64 cartridge game?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Crazy about Commodore!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: what was the best c64 cartridge game? Reply with quote

I think the greatest two c64 cart games were Wizard of Wor and Lemans!

tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: What was the best C64 cartridge game? Reply with quote

I had LEMANS and used to love playing it via cart as it loaded almost instantly, which meant I didnt have to rummage thru my colly just to play that particular game. The most number of carts I have ever owned has to be Visible Solar System.

Now Im not really sure why I got so many from various collections but I think because it was so limited in what you could do within it,not many people wanted to hang onto it (I will have to send a couple to Brad for use in the sites competitions)..........hey it beats tossing them out Wink

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What was the best C64 cartridge game? Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
I had LEMANS and used to love playing it via cart as it loaded almost instantly, which meant I didnt have to rummage thru my colly just to play that particular game. The most number of carts I have ever owned has to be Visible Solar System.

Now Im not really sure why I got so many from various collections but I think because it was so limited in what you could do within it,not many people wanted to hang onto it (I will have to send a couple to Brad for use in the sites competitions)..........hey it beats tossing them out Wink

Smile tomz Smile

hey thanks again for the stuff you sent me mate, ill have to think of a worthwhile comp for people to enter to win one of these great C64 carts you've sent me!

oh by the way, the 1750 is worth quite a bit of money, are you sure you just want to give it away?
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently in the process of trying to collect every C64 cart ever released and so have twenty-four different titles. Quality-wise, you can't go past the "super cartridges" that were released to coincide with the ill-fated launch of the C64GS. They are perfectly compatble with all C64 systems but are a little bigger (longer) and can contain as much as 1MB of memory! Normally, C64 carts are simpler games to their cassette and disk counterparts but not so with the super carts which stretch the C64's capacity to its limit! So far, I only have Terminator 2 and Navy Seals as they're pretty hard to come by but these are the holy grails of C64 carts.
OK, favourite cart? Let's see, that would have to be a toss up between H.E.R.O. and Jumpman Junior.
***astro_boy***
expert
expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hero cartridge version was god too better than atari 2600 version i think
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely! What with all those creepy weeds and vines throughout the tunnels, it looked a damn sight better than the blocky 2600 offering. Although I'm not quite sure what "god too better" means!
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: What was the best C64 cartridge game Reply with quote

@-DanielC- I think what Steven meant to type was "..good too,better.."
it looks like a typo and as Im forever making them I regard myself as an expert at typos and spelling errors:lol: My keyboard need a god cleanout also....... Wink ***

Smile tomz Smile
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God to hear it, tomz! Hey, what's up with calling ***astro_boy*** by his real name? What's my real name, tomz? I bet you'll never guess!
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: What was the best C64 cartridge game Reply with quote

Hey I never said it was ***Astro Boy***s real name,I just called him that
as for guessing your name, well Im not sure maybe Dan or Danny Smile

I will stick to nominated handles/nicks from now own Embarassed

Smile tomz Smile
mixojoe
expert
expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember all the new carts coming out near the end of the reign of the C64. It was highly made aware that they could not be copied etc, the pirated versions came out before the legal!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Crazy about Commodore! All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: