retrobrad
How many Master System Card games were actually made?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: How many Master System Card games were actually made? Reply with quote

One thing that is quite rare to find - are those master system card games.

ive seen them on ebay but they sell for more than i am willing to pay, im just wondering if anyone knows how many different titles were released in card form?
Gmintyfresh
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sega Card

Ok mate done a quick bit of research on this, here is as far as I can tell a definitive list:

Bank Panic
F16 Fighter
Ghost house
Great Baseball
Great Soccer
Hang On
My Hero
Spy Vs Spy
Super Tennis
Teddy Boy
Transbot

The prices of these games very wildly, I'm not sure what the market thinks about them. The majority of them certainly are not really rare in the UK and I've seen them priced from ?5 to about ?20. Only Spy Vs Spy in my opinion is worth even owning. I believe there are also rare versions of the cards I've seen German versions of the cards priced at ?20. Hope this is of help, generally the card games sold in America seemed cheapest.

Stop press just found this!!

retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanks for the info, i actually didnt think they made that many...

spy vs spy is a great game, i used to love playing it on my game gear (but never had it on the MS untill just recently)
Gmintyfresh
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Spy Vs Spy is a great game especially in two player, there's nothing more satisfying than catching your mate with a booby trap, evil but fun!
rupert
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thats my picture above Shocked
anyway, just thought i'd ad my bit..
just going to use Gmintyfresh's list to give you more info..

Bank Panic - released in Europe multi language, German only and Aus/ UK English only versions. Not released in the US. One of the more uncommon card games, expect to pay up to ?15 for a complete one.
F16 Fighter - released everywhere, re-titled F-16 Fighting Falcon in the US but is the same game. very common, can be picked up complete for no more than ?5 - ?8
Ghost house - again released everywhere, allthough the German version uses a US box with a black and white German only manual. Quite common, again ?5 - ?8 ish
Great Baseball - This was never released on card, if you can prove otherwise then you have somthing VERY valuable! Cool
Great Soccer - One of the rarer card releases, Not too difficult to find a German version (expect to pay ?10 - ?20 though) But for an Italian or UK/ Aus version then you are looking at ?40+ unless you get lucky as these are really rare. And never released in US, No Euro multilanguage verson exsists either.
Hang On - Bit of an od one, probly the most common card game to find loose as it was bundled with the first Master System's, The instructions with these bundled versions are much larger than usual (and the German pack in verison comes with a German only manual that looks like usual manuals). The boxed version is only available in All English UK/ Aus style cover and manual (allthough I've heard an Italian manual version exsists). Expect to pay for a complete boxed one ?30 - ?40+. A special early Hang On card with an all red biker on the cover and card traded for about ?600 recently.
My Hero - relesed everywhere, quite common, expect to pay ?8 - ?10 complete
Spy Vs Spy - Slightly rarer than the others, expect to pay around ?10 - ?12 and a bit more for a German version. The US version has the same style cover as the cartridge version.
Super Tennis - Released everywhere and common, pay around ?5 - ?8 complete
Teddy Boy - Released everywhere, avarage rarity, Pay around ?7- ?11
Transbot - Relesed everywhere and perhaps the most common, this isnt actually that bad of a game and is just crippled by the fact the card memory is so small. Wish the cart version was an expanded version. Expect to pay ?5 - ?8 complete.

I'l add some photos which explain the different versions ive spoken about just so its not quite as mind boggling Very Happy
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thats a great collection of SMS card games!

thanks for the info by the way, you seem to be a HUGE fan of SMS am i right?

do you collect only SMS or other sega systems / games as well?

PS - for all those that havent seen it yet, RUPERT has a photo of his SMS collection in 'your collection' ITS MASSIVE!!!!!!!
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeap i`ve seen it,it`s a massive collection alright and i to having been looking to find info on how many games were released for the mastersystem,not had any luck though
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: How many Master System card games were ever made? Reply with quote

I didnt even know that the cards existed for the SMS, but I did see a brouchere of Master System games back in the mid 90s and there were at least 80 games listed in there, of coz I imagine that number to be far higher as this was just one single brochure that I ever saw. Would be interesting to know the approx no. of total SMS games released. Smile

Smile tomz Smile
rupert
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was roughly 336 games released.
rupert
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrobrad wrote:

Yes I am a huge sms fan Smile

I also have a MD, DC, GG, Arari Lynx, CD-I, DS and Wii, don't really collect for them though but got a reasonable amount of games for each.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupert wrote:
retrobrad wrote:

Yes I am a huge sms fan Smile

I also have a MD, DC, GG, Arari Lynx, CD-I, DS and Wii, don't really collect for them though but got a reasonable amount of games for each.

it would be good to concentrate on one system i think, my collection is just made up of bits and pieces of everything.

it would be great to be able to say you have all the games for one particular system Very Happy
rupert
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I cant quite say that yet, not including all the variations, Japanese and Korean games I'm still missing Smurfs 2 and Dynamite Headdy Sad Smurfs 2 usually sells for around ?200 - ?300 and Dynamite Headdy about ?40 - ?50 complete.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupert wrote:
Well I cant quite say that yet, not including all the variations, Japanese and Korean games I'm still missing Smurfs 2 and Dynamite Headdy Sad Smurfs 2 usually sells for around ?200 - ?300 and Dynamite Headdy about ?40 - ?50 complete.

ouch!

thats expensive (that works out to be about $500 over here!)

are you prepared to pay that much?
Gmintyfresh
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupert wrote:
Hey thats my picture above Shocked
anyway, just thought i'd ad my bit..
just going to use Gmintyfresh's list to give you more info..

Bank Panic - released in Europe multi language, German only and Aus/ UK English only versions. Not released in the US. One of the more uncommon card games, expect to pay up to ?15 for a complete one.
F16 Fighter - released everywhere, re-titled F-16 Fighting Falcon in the US but is the same game. very common, can be picked up complete for no more than ?5 - ?8
Ghost house - again released everywhere, allthough the German version uses a US box with a black and white German only manual. Quite common, again ?5 - ?8 ish
Great Baseball - This was never released on card, if you can prove otherwise then you have somthing VERY valuable! Cool
Great Soccer - One of the rarer card releases, Not too difficult to find a German version (expect to pay ?10 - ?20 though) But for an Italian or UK/ Aus version then you are looking at ?40+ unless you get lucky as these are really rare. And never released in US, No Euro multilanguage verson exsists either.
Hang On - Bit of an od one, probly the most common card game to find loose as it was bundled with the first Master System's, The instructions with these bundled versions are much larger than usual (and the German pack in verison comes with a German only manual that looks like usual manuals). The boxed version is only available in All English UK/ Aus style cover and manual (allthough I've heard an Italian manual version exsists). Expect to pay for a complete boxed one ?30 - ?40+. A special early Hang On card with an all red biker on the cover and card traded for about ?600 recently.
My Hero - relesed everywhere, quite common, expect to pay ?8 - ?10 complete
Spy Vs Spy - Slightly rarer than the others, expect to pay around ?10 - ?12 and a bit more for a German version. The US version has the same style cover as the cartridge version.
Super Tennis - Released everywhere and common, pay around ?5 - ?8 complete
Teddy Boy - Released everywhere, avarage rarity, Pay around ?7- ?11
Transbot - Relesed everywhere and perhaps the most common, this isnt actually that bad of a game and is just crippled by the fact the card memory is so small. Wish the cart version was an expanded version. Expect to pay ?5 - ?8 complete.

I'l add some photos which explain the different versions ive spoken about just so its not quite as mind boggling Very Happy

Sorry mate should have put a link to your fantasic Retro Gamer forum post, man you've got an amazing Master System collection!!
rupert
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrobrad wrote:
rupert wrote:

ouch!

thats expensive (that works out to be about $500 over here!)

are you prepared to pay that much?

no, lol, that why I don't have it yet, I know a few people who have got lucky and found it very cheap so I want to be in that group Smile

Quote:
Sorry mate should have put a link to your fantasic Retro Gamer forum post, man you've got an amazing Master System collection!!

No worries and thank you. The collections expanded again since that pic, I've tried to cut down though as I'd like to save abit of money. Seems to go on forever because of all the variations Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Super Sega! All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: