retrobrad
What sega game do you have LOADS of copies of?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: What sega game do you have LOADS of copies of? Reply with quote

Ive got 36 copies of The Ninja in my Master System collection - one of the most common games ever! i plan to make them all into homebrew carts at a later date.

what game do you have lots of copies of?

Last edited by retrobrad on Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gmintyfresh
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

36 copies!! I've got about 3 copies of MS Space Harrier, I really need to get shot of a couple at some point. I keep buying Master Systems (I've killed a couple) and I seem to aquire copies of Space Harrier, oh and Afterburner!
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you kill your master systems?? were you doing mods to them?

I get master systems from garage sales and markets for pretty cheap and they normally come with a few games, The ninja seems to be in just about every lot!

I must admit space harrier is one game i dont think i own? i think ive got afterburner though
Gmintyfresh
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrobrad wrote:
How did you kill your master systems?? were you doing mods to them?

I get master systems from garage sales and markets for pretty cheap and they normally come with a few games, The ninja seems to be in just about every lot!

I must admit space harrier is one game i dont think i own? i think ive got afterburner though

Well I broke a MS 1 by dropping it, it really was buggered and part of the circuit board inside snapped. My MS2 has just died there?s something wrong with the signal coming out of the machine, however they?re that easy to pick up and I?ve just bought a MS 1 with 3 games (no Space Harrier or The Ninja though!) and a light gun for a tenner! I?m really glad I?ve got an MS 1 again as I can run it through scart. Not really done much modding to be honest, repaired quite a few old consoles that have had minor problems (the infamous Dreamcast reset fix, NES edge connector replacement, etc) and done a few import conversions (Megadrive, Pc Engine) but the thought of fitting a PS2 mod chip scares me a little, I will do it when I eventually get a PS3 though.

Are you getting all these copies of The Ninja so you can transfer your own homebrew games to them?
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how good is it when you pick up an absolute bargain!

The Master System I consoles in my opinion are better than the MS II

its also got the card slot so you can play card games or you can play games with the 3d glasses.

I plan on replacing the game rom chips with eeproms so i can put homebrew games on them, but i havent made any games myself, maybe later on when i get some more time ill get into a bit of programming, but in the mean time ill just have to stick with 36 copies of the ninja!

do you have the 3d glasses?
Gmintyfresh
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kick myself sometimes because I had a MS 1 back in the day with loads of games and accessories but I sold it to get a SNES. I?m never upset though when I see my lovely yellowed SNES sitting in my games room with a copy of Final fight 2 sticking out of it, the sacrifice was all worthwhile. Man I played F16 fighter on card on the MS it was really bad, I was always interested by the 3D glasses but they seemed to be a gimmick ? but consequently I found out it was quite good (especially space harrier 3D!). Boxed versions of the 3D glasses go for a fortune on Ebay now, have you got some or played on them? Hey I?ll keep looking out for updates on your programming exploits.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a good mate of mine sold me a boxed pair of 3d glasses for $5AU - he's a champion!

but the only problem is i dont have any 3d games Sad so i havent been able to use them yet...

ive looked on ebay but the 3D games go for a rediculous amount, ive seen space harrier 3D go for around the $100AU mark, thats crazy!

and ive done exactly the same thing - with getting rid of one console to get another and then i wish i could get it back Crying or Very sad but i think im making up for it these days, buying whatever i can!
Gmintyfresh
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your mate is a star!!

I seem to remember Zaxxon 3D is ok too, If I see any cheap 3D games on my travels I?ll give you a shout.

I?m nearly back where I started with my Master System collection, I even managed to get a mint copy of Dynamite Dux WITH instructions for a non-excessive price! But again the games are so cheap, I?ve managed to pick games up for pence it?s a great game console to start collecting on
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dynamite DUX is a great game! ive got that game on a number of systems - master system, amiga, c64 and i think mega drive?

its fun to play the same game on totaly different consoles, it puts a different spin on the game - different graphics / sounds etc...

hey, if you want - send me in some pics of your retro collection and i can put them in 'your retro collection' Smile
Gmintyfresh
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoy it on the Master System, it?s so playable (it is a bit easy but I can forgive that) You know I do seem to remember a Mega drive version but I can?t remember seeing it for a long time??

Yes it?s amazing how different versions of the same game vary sometimes, it used to be especially evident in 8-bit computers when you?d 3 versions of the same game that were all wildly different.

Wow thank you I?ve got a photo of my rapidly growing Saturn Shooter collection here somewhere I?ll send that through, cheers Very Happy
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment ive only got two people with pics in the 'your collection' section so it would be great to get some more!

if you want to send them through to brad@retrobrad.com ill put em up for you = )

Also, i guess thats what made the retro gaming era soo good! pretty much every console was unique (and there were soo many of them) and developers released the same game on loads of different consoles and it was pretty cool to compare them = )

I also like sonic on master system and on the mega drive, even though the master system version was simpler, i think it was better.
Gmintyfresh
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what we?ll say about the current generation of consoles and their cross platform releases? To be honest there only seems to be the Wii that?s drastically different.

Man I completed Sonic on the Master System about 15 times (I really did) it was a great little game, I couldn?t believe how fast it ran on the little console ? I agree that the stripped down nature of the game made it more accessible than the Megadrive version. I still think the Megadrive version is one of the best looking games on the system, all those dancing flowers on the first level and the parallax is stunning. Have you ever played Streets of Rage on the Master System? It captures the feeling of its Megadrive big brother surprisingly well ? loads of special moves too
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest i havent!

i guess it might be similar to how they ported Mortal Kombat to the master system, you'd never think it would actually work but they pulled it off quite nicely, with some great gameplay and amazing graphics for a master system game!

i can remember it scored 96% in one of the Sega magazines back in the day which is an excellent score!

Actually come to think of it ive got streets of rage on the game gear which should be exactly the same as the master system version. but i havent played it in years! ill have to pull it out some time.
Gmintyfresh
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really recommend it, the game surprised me with it?s complexity, must admit I?ve never played MK on the MS ? I was always more of a street Fighter 2 fan and didn?t really like MK. I?m going to give it a go though!
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah SEGA......me i have loads of copies of Streets of Rage 1 & 2,very cool game back on the megadrive,tend to only play them now with the Gens Emulator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Super Sega! All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: