retrobrad
The Commodore 64 Worst 100 list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Crazy about Commodore!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: The Commodore 64 Worst 100 list Reply with quote

i think the number 100 spot should go to:

Ghost Busters II - i never did quite figure out this game?
jungle ninja
novice
novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man! The C64 was and still is a great machine, but it also had alot of crappy games! It has the best games ever, but also some of the worst games I have ever seen. Except ofcourse for the ZXSpectrum, that was a crap machine with way bad games. But thats another discussion! (I know you all love it, but I don't wanna flare here!) Wink

99 - The Real Ghostbusters

Yeah, yeah I know there are crappier games out there, but I can't think of any other ones right now! And yes, thats because I am getting old! Shocked
Rybags
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the Future.

Yet another movie licence wasted.

I remember one of my mates was a big MJ Fox fan and bought the game only to be badly disappointed.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rybags wrote:
Back to the Future.

Yet another movie licence wasted.

I remember one of my mates was a big MJ Fox fan and bought the game only to be badly disappointed.

yep i agree, i think every console conversion of back to the future was pretty horrible...
marky mark
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: The Commodore 64 Worst 100 list Reply with quote

retrobrad wrote:
i think the number 100 spot should go to:

Ghost Busters II - i never did quite figure out this game?

Ghostbusters 2 was ok, but did require a lot of patience, the museum last level was a pain tho. Come to think of it, it only had 3 different levels in it anyway - sewer, statue of liberty, and museum. Even the Gameboy version had a lot more to it than that!

NOT A PATCH ON THE FIRST GAME THO, I LOVED THE ORIGINAL GHOSTBUSTERS GAME ON COMMODORE!!!

The Real Ghostbusters game only has appeal if you play it with a friend
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chimera. The speech drove me even more crazy!!!! Crap game
http://homepages.tesco.net/~parsonsp/html/chimera.html
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: The Commodore 64 worst 100 list Reply with quote

We cant leave out Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for its lack of good gameplay, this game did nothing for me admitedly I wasnt very good at it but I found it pretty boring. Crying or Very sad

Smile tomz Smile
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA HA HA HA What about Double Dragon.

Tomz, you could relate to this then !!!! He he. Theres a swearing in this so make sure no kids are around. It's very funny!! Very Happy It's the Angry Video game Nerd. Not sure if you have heard of him. He Reviews the Nes version TMNT but they were basically the same.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjUz8IT0CYg
marky mark
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The Commodore 64 worst 100 list Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
We cant leave out Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for its lack of good gameplay, this game did nothing for me admitedly I wasnt very good at it but I found it pretty boring. Crying or Very sad

Smile tomz Smile

I totally agree - The problem with the ninja turtles game was the loading times for it, going from one area to another, or to the turtle selection screen. It is only slightly better on NES, cos of the lack of the loading problem, but the problem in that game lies in the controls, and how hard the turtles were to control, and how unforgiving mistakes were. Not to mention the lack of continues it gave you. I agree with the review posted on this site about that game.

The other problem is that on the NES the 2 buttons were put to individual use, but on the C64 both functions were combined, and you would be jumping when you wanted to attack. Also on the Turtle selection screen you couldn't do anything until the text had finished scrolling out one... letter... at... a... time. I never played the PC version of this game, was it any better?

Either way, its a game Ultra should not have converted to the C64. Same goes for the Arcade version of the game also on the C64. Great Arcade game, crappy Commodore game. Same with the C64 version of the Simpsons Arcade game too, it just looks so bad on Commodore.
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree marky mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Crazy about Commodore! All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: