retrobrad
The First Retro Convention has been booked!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: The First Retro Convention has been booked!!! Reply with quote

IF YOU HAVE COME TO THIS TOPIC FROM AN EXTERNAL LINK, YOU WILL NOT BE IN FRAMES! PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK www.retrobrad.com TO GOTO THE HOMEPAGE, THEN CLICK ON THE FORUM BUTTON TO COME BACK HERE Very Happy

Well it's taken a while but i have finally booked an excellent venue for the first annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention Smile (RRGC) Smile

Details: The event will happen on Saturday the 17th of November 2007 (exact start time to be confirmed later...)

It will be held in the Studio Theatre room at the University of Ballarat, Victoria (Australia)

seeing that it will be summer, i have made sure that we have a nice airconditioned room (so things dont get too hot and sweaty...)

heres a pic of the venue (sorry its the only one i have for now...)

so what can you expect???

LOADS OF NEAT RETRO ENTERTAINMENT!!! including..

Exclamation Tables upon tables setup with all your favourite retro systems and consoles (nintendo, sega, atari, colecovision, intellivision, commodore, amiga etc...)
Exclamation A range of Arcade cabinets (courtesy of my good friend grapes of gorf!!!)
Exclamation lucky door prizes
Exclamation Head to head competitions on the BIG SCREEN! (with prizes!)
Exclamation All your favourite music hits from the 70's 80's and 90's!!!
Exclamation All sorts of retro gaming information
Exclamation A buy, sell and swap supermarket (so make sure you bring some of your own games to swap with fellow collectors...)
Exclamation And loads more, basically its a whole day full of retro gaming goodness with fellow retro gaming fanatics!

So whats this event going to cost you???
It's only $20 per ticket! (which are limited...)

The tickets will cover the cost of the venue hire and whatever we have left over will be put back into prizes for you guys! (im not looking to make money for myself from this event, but rather just want the event itself to take place.)

So all that being said, tickets will be for sale by emailing me brad@retrobrad.com and i will also be listing a whole heap of them on ebay and on other retro gaming forums around the place.

tickets will be emailed and you will need to print them out and present it at the door on the day. each ticket will have its own unique code, and the name of the purchaser printed on it (so you will also need some id on the day) this is due to the fact that there are limited tickets (around the 50 mark) and also to prevent people trying to copy them etc...

alright, feel free to use this forum to discuss the upcoming event, and also if you have any suggestions about the event.

PS i will be finding out accomodation in the area this week too (for those that need to travel)

-brad

Last edited by retrobrad on Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
ozzipete

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Last Laughing Laughing
Now the ball is rolling
Come on guys lets all get behind this one and make it the first of many.. I know Brad even up to date has been putting a lot of work into it, to make sure we do what we can so all of us can have a top day/weekend

I might even arrange a bit of a BBQ for after the event for those that are interested
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozzipete wrote:
At Last Laughing Laughing
Now the ball is rolling
Come on guys lets all get behind this one and make it the first of many.. I know Brad even up to date has been putting a lot of work into it, to make sure we do what we can so all of us can have a top day/weekend

I might even arrange a bit of a BBQ for after the event for those that are interested

hey sounds good, im always up for a BBQ!

im also thinking, we should organise food for the event, maybe do a deal with dominoes or something like that????
grapes of gorf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad, is there going to be a price for a stall holder and then a different price for the general public?

In any case I know that if Brad invests half the effort into the event that he has invested into this web site, The day will be really cool. So everyone lay down $20 and mark down 'Saturday the 17th of November 2007' in your diary/personal organiser or memory bank.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grapes of gorf wrote:
Brad, is there going to be a price for a stall holder and then a different price for the general public?

In any case I know that if Brad invests half the effort into the event that he has invested into this web site, The day will be really cool. So everyone lay down $20 and mark down 'Saturday the 17th of November 2007' in your diary/personal organiser or memory bank.

It will be all the same price ($20)

so i guess if anyone wants to hold a (small) stall, just get in contact with me.

oh, and just to let you know, grapes of gorf has some GREAT arcade machines in stall for us all to play!
ozzipete

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep and Grapes has some pretty cool stuff there at the shed. If you are making the trip to the convention it would be well worth while to drop in and see for yourself..
Very Happy
grapes of gorf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what games are planed for the big screen?
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grapes of gorf wrote:

Im glad you asked!

i havent got a hard and fast list but i can tell you that it will include super mario kart and Street Fighter II, of course there will be more but i guess it would be good for all you guys to pitch in some ideas for games....
ozzipete

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrobrad wrote:
grapes of gorf wrote:

Im glad you asked!

i havent got a hard and fast list but i can tell you that it will include super mario kart and Street Fighter II, of course there will be more but i guess it would be good for all you guys to pitch in some ideas for games....

Sonic would have to be in there somewhere Razz
grapes of gorf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a very bad Mario kart player and play as Ryu in stfII and have still not mastered the dragon punch (I suck) and will not win any prizes. Multiplayer games would be cool. I know Pete loves Bomberman on SNES also NBA jam 4 player would be cool. A competition for the best score on an early shooter would be cool (space invaders).

I remember there was a Sonic competition in the 90's. The winner was the person who could get the highest score after completing one act. I worked out the best way to get great scores. If you just fly through the first act as quick as you can you are rewarded with huge time points. I practised the first act a lot but never got to the competition it was in Melbourne and I was a '15 or 16 year old country boy scardy cat' and didn't want to go to Melbourne on my own. I think it would be a good idea to recreate the contest that I didn't even attend because I was a coward.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grapes of gorf wrote:
I'm a very bad Mario kart player and play as Ryu in stfII and have still not mastered the dragon punch (I suck) and will not win any prizes. Multiplayer games would be cool. I know Pete loves Bomberman on SNES also NBA jam 4 player would be cool. A competition for the best score on an early shooter would be cool (space invaders).

I remember there was a Sonic competition in the 90's. The winner was the person who could get the highest score after completing one act. I worked out the best way to get great scores. If you just fly through the first act as quick as you can you are rewarded with huge time points. I practised the first act a lot but never got to the competition it was in Melbourne and I was a '15 or 16 year old country boy scardy cat' and didn't want to go to Melbourne on my own. I think it would be a good idea to recreate the contest that I didn't even attend because I was a coward.

thats okay! its all about the fun of the games - not whether you win or lose.

the sonic comp sounds great! you could get quite a few people involved because it would only take a minute or so to complete a level. Maybe this comp would be your time to shine! so youd better get practising Smile
ozzipete

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... - Theodore Roosevelt
ozzipete

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Grapes .. Melissa and Kellie are absolute 'Guns' playing Bomberman Damn it .. oh and that bloody Wii I still hear about it everyday .. Best I stop procrastinating and get one Embarassed
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made the tickets (its taken me a while, ive been quite pre-occupied this week...)

anyway, each ticket will have your name printed on it and a unique code just so i can make sure than we dont get any 'extra' numbers (because theres a limit of about 50 - 60 people.)

to order your ticket just email me:

Ill need your full name and address (so i can send you the ticket)

i will email my bank details so you can make a direct deposit for the $20

-brad

heres what a ticket will look like...

http://www.retrobrad.com/phpBB2/images/other/ticket.png
ozzipete

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks Good Brad Well Done Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: