retrobrad
What will you be bringing ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozzipete

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: What will you be bringing ? Reply with quote

Just to get an idea of what Hardware /Software each of us will be bringing along
will you be swapping/selling and so on

I will bring a few Nintendo systems and maybe a Coleco and some sega stuff to swap and also will be hopefully doing some onsite mods (if thats ok with Brad) I may even bring along my D/C to have a play with also.
samhead_nes
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be bringing whatever doubles I've got at that time. Most likely a big bunch of NES games and maybe some Sega stuff to get rid of. Hmmm
grapes of gorf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of not working Mac Classics and will try to find some double carts. Could you bring along some of your SNES AV leads Pete?
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grapes of gorf wrote:
I have a couple of not working Mac Classics and will try to find some double carts. Could you bring along some of your SNES AV leads Pete?

id be keen to check out your mac classics...
ozzipete

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grapes of gorf wrote:

No Probs Greg
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will anyone be bringing any Speccy games to sell or swap? I was thinking of bringing along some of my cassettes if anyone was interested in trading. I'm hoping the day won't be TOO centred on consoles, even though I know that they're always the predominant platforms. Bring on the eight-bit micros!
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel C wrote:
Will anyone be bringing any Speccy games to sell or swap? I was thinking of bringing along some of my cassettes if anyone was interested in trading. I'm hoping the day won't be TOO centred on consoles, even though I know that they're always the predominant platforms. Bring on the eight-bit micros!

what systems would you like to see set up?
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Speccy, for sure! And of course, I know that there'll be a C64 (on the big screen, maybe?!), a VIC20 would be nice and I know it's not true retro, but playing four-player Mario Kart Double Dash on the 'Cube would be amazing! I'm sure that I don't need to ask for the stock-standard consoles, but they'll all be well appreciated! In fact, as many systems as you can squeeze in!
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to get some extra bits for my A1200 to make it easier to lug over there, and also there is a device that plugs into the back of the C64 that allows memory cards to be slotted into it, thus allowing you to store virtually every C64 game that ever game out on the card, and everything loads instantly Smile

I could have bought that device for 50 Euro when i was over there, the guy who actually makes them ( Jen Schoenfield ) had them for sale. I am an absolute idiot for not buying one at the time Sad .. Will try to order online.

We should try and take the focus away from the consoles .. evil laugh... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing

( bit concerned about bringing the Amiga though. Wouldn't want anyone walking out with it under their arm Sad )
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blade002 wrote:
I plan to get some extra bits for my A1200 to make it easier to lug over there, and also there is a device that plugs into the back of the C64 that allows memory cards to be slotted into it, thus allowing you to store virtually every C64 game that ever game out on the card, and everything loads instantly Smile

I could have bought that device for 50 Euro when i was over there, the guy who actually makes them ( Jen Schoenfield ) had them for sale. I am an absolute idiot for not buying one at the time Sad .. Will try to order online.

We should try and take the focus away from the consoles .. evil laugh... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing

hmm, i might have to see if i can find some schematics for the c64 memory cartridge...
oh and i agree about the consoles! when it all comes down to it, im probably a computer guy i.e c64, amiga etc... there are plenty of great games for these systems, and were great for the backyard programmer.
samhead_nes
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the Nintendo though! What about a NES? Even get a ROB robot out..
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samhead_nes wrote:
Don't forget the Nintendo though! What about a NES? Even get a ROB robot out..

will you be bringing your ROB to the convention?
samhead_nes
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I could. Before I promise anything though, I need to confirm that I can make it to the weekend. What day does the event fall on? I'll need to figure out driving there, etc..
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samhead_nes wrote:
I guess I could. Before I promise anything though, I need to confirm that I can make it to the weekend. What day does the event fall on? I'll need to figure out driving there, etc..

Saturday the 17th of November, starting at 9am Very Happy
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, samhead_nes,
I know it's a bit of a drive from New South but you'll have lots of fun and we need you!As for anyone living in Melbourne (like me) and who hasn't bought a ticket yet, you've got no excuse! It's less than a two hour drive and there's plenty of time to leave notice if you work on Saturdays (unless you're a Chef!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: