retrobrad
The Official Attendance List!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiteb
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrobrad wrote:
whiteb wrote:
Hi guys, add me to the list.

I have posted on EAB and A.org of my intent, and I am also offering a Minibus Carpool from Melton to the Event.. (Thats in Victoria, Western Subs of Melbourne :>).

I hopefully (If Retarded Royal Mail deliver my PCB's) will bring my Minimig (Mini-Amiga).

Mini-Mig is an A500, on a chip (FPGA), with PS2 KB/Mouse support, Scandouble'd VGA, and MMC.

http://home.hetnet.nl/~weeren001/

So, let me know..., if you can get to Melton, I will get you to the Event.
I know THB and Blade002 (From EAB) want to go and they are from Melbourne.

that looks really cool! i just checked out the website and looks really interesting!

did you buy the ready made version? or are you making it yourself? and if you can bring it to the convention, id be VERY interested in checking it out!

I have the parts sitting on the desk, just waiting on the PCB, then i go and get it soldered up. Assuming the guy i lined up is still available, given how long Royal mail have taken because of Retarded strikes.

I have clear Perspex sheets for a Case (top and bottom) like you see in the Picture on the minimig page.

It runs on 5V (Reported to be as little as 300ma with an optical mouse), Pic can be SERIAL updated (No pulling chips to reflash them), and uses SD Memory (Which my camera uses :>)
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now that is cool! i think im going to have to look into this a bit further and perhaps build my own!!!
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see, Brad, a month to go and things are looking up (slightly). All Game Traders stores in Melbourne now have the flyers in store and more flyers will be telegraphed shortly around the city. Fitzroy/Collingwood area (north of city) is already covered. That minibus from Melton is a great idea! If I didn't have my own car, I'd be sure to hitch a ride. I reckon that that would be really fun! I was thinking of putting flyers in store at EB Games but they really seem to only care about Playstation 3 and not much else. I don't think their customers care about retro either for that matter.
whiteb
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel C wrote:
You see, Brad, a month to go and things are looking up (slightly). All Game Traders stores in Melbourne now have the flyers in store and more flyers will be telegraphed shortly around the city. Fitzroy/Collingwood area (north of city) is already covered. That minibus from Melton is a great idea! If I didn't have my own car, I'd be sure to hitch a ride. I reckon that that would be really fun! I was thinking of putting flyers in store at EB Games but they really seem to only care about Playstation 3 and not much else. I don't think their customers care about retro either for that matter.

Well, why have 5 or 6 cars going in the same direction, when you can have *ONE* Minibus. You will have to pass through Melton to get to Ballarat from Melbourne.

I can carry 11 people, I just need to put two of the Bench seats back in.
Currently it is in a 2-2-2 config, but I have the seats for a 2-2-2-2-3 Config.

Melbourne is 112K's to Ballarat, Melton is about 80K's to ballarat.

Let it be known, spread the word.
THB
novice
novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea whiteb but I might pass on the minibus.

Of course if you change your mind and want to pick me up from Preston that means I can get RetroDrunk at the event let me know... Wink
whiteb
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THB, Unless I am mistaken, You will have to drive through Melton to get there.

You choice.
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day, Brad,
My girlfriend and I are going to make a weekend of it so before I book our accomodation, I just need to know that the con' is absolutely, definately going to go ahead! Looking at the attendence list doesn't fill me with confidence but I suppose we've still got over two weeks to go and may fill a few more orders.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it will still go ahead Smile

im happy to pay for the rest of the venue hire if we dont get enough people.

but it should still be a really great day anyway Smile

BUT, i guess the biggest problem now is going to be the prizes... i was planning on having loads of great prizes but i guess now i wont be able to afford it, but i will still bring some prizes from my collection for you guys.
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Brad, you're a top bloke! Maybe if everyone brought something from their collection that was either one of their doubles or something that they didn't really give a toss about we'd have a decent pool of prizes! It would be kind of a random swap, I suppose and just because you might have a heap of Amiga 500 RF modulators, say, it doesn't mean that someone else might be after one! What do you say, guys? Let's help out the Brad-meister with those prizes! You might get something you've always wanted (like an Amiga 500 RF modulator)!
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I meant to say was, "it doesn't mean that someone else might not be after one"! How I hate double negatives!
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel C wrote:
What I meant to say was, "it doesn't mean that someone else might not be after one"! How I hate double negatives!

good idea Very Happy

make sure you all bring games and systems that you'd want to swap.

but i will also bring some of my collection as prizes, with one major prize...
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Brad, three days to go and I'm very excited! I'll be perusing the old road atlas tonight to make sure I know where I'm going. Nearly twenty people so at least it won't be an empty room full of consoles! Twenty people is enough for a fun day, don't you think? More would be nice and who knows, maybe we'll get people at the door.
By the way, if anyone has any Sinclair Micro Drive or ROM games they want to sell or swap, I would be mightily interested!

See you there, everyone! It's going to be a great day!

By the way, Brad, I won't be there until around 1100 hours. Will I miss out on anything?
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel C wrote:
Well, Brad, three days to go and I'm very excited! I'll be perusing the old road atlas tonight to make sure I know where I'm going. Nearly twenty people so at least it won't be an empty room full of consoles! Twenty people is enough for a fun day, don't you think? More would be nice and who knows, maybe we'll get people at the door.
By the way, if anyone has any Sinclair Micro Drive or ROM games they want to sell or swap, I would be mightily interested!

See you there, everyone! It's going to be a great day!

By the way, Brad, I won't be there until around 1100 hours. Will I miss out on anything?

Hi Dan, found this on ebay. looks pretty cool but expensive!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/divIDE-CF-interface-for-ZX-Spectrum-CompactFlash-NEW_W0QQitemZ130173703411QQihZ003QQcategoryZ50223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: