retrobrad
Blade002

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Blade002 Reply with quote

Well i got onto this site courtesy of THB in regards to the Retro Gaming Convention. Im 33 years old, used to work in the I.T. sector from the mid 90's till 2002, done some construction work to get by in the meantime and went back into part time study in 2006 doing Natural Medicine, did well but found it wasn't for me. Spent most of year trying to get enough cash together to fly to Europe with my girlfriend, finally made it over ( attended the Breakpoint Demoscene party in Germany Smile ). Plan to go back into the I.T. industry once more, but as a Linux Administrator, and will be starting a Linux course in that field hopefully in the next month or 2 ( still paying off the loan for Europe ..lol ) but have spent last 5 months or so getting down and dirty with Linux as much as i can.

Started off with gaming pretty much with LCD games, then moved onto the CBS Colecvision, Atari 2600, Commodore 64 & then moved onto the Amiga 500 in 1990. Bought an Amiga 1200 in 1992 ( upgraded it with a Blizzard 030/50 in 96 ) and spent another 8 years on that thing using it for "everything" till the year 2000. Went onto PeeCee ( groan ), got back into gaming somewhat with that till about 2003 and realised something was missing !??.

At about the start of this year i started getting back into the Amiga and pretty much stopped playing games on the PC, and to be honest, the C64 & Amiga were/are the machine to have!. They had the best community, the greatest programmers and musicians, great graphics, awesome sound chips ( the SID chip in the C64 is phenomenal, not to forget Paula either ), so i guess all round awesome machines.

Anyway, thats enough from me, otherwise if i write any more i might need to get it published Laughing
THB
novice
novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another visitor... stay a while... stay forever.... mwahahaha

sorry couldn't resist. Welcome aboard mate. Smile Twisted Evil
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THB wrote:
Another visitor... stay a while... stay forever.... mwahahaha

sorry couldn't resist. Welcome aboard mate. Smile Twisted Evil

Hahaha.. Impossible Mission THB Style eh !!. Smile

Cheers mate.

( BTW - didn't know you were a Draftsman, sounds like a great job ! )
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Blade002 Reply with quote

blade002 wrote:
Well i got onto this site courtesy of THB in regards to the Retro Gaming Convention. Im 33 years old, used to work in the I.T. sector from the mid 90's till 2002, done some construction work to get by in the meantime and went back into part time study in 2006 doing Natural Medicine, did well but found it wasn't for me. Spent most of year trying to get enough cash together to fly to Europe with my girlfriend, finally made it over ( attended the Breakpoint Demoscene party in Germany Smile ). Plan to go back into the I.T. industry once more, but as a Linux Administrator, and will be starting a Linux course in that field hopefully in the next month or 2 ( still paying off the loan for Europe ..lol ) but have spent last 5 months or so getting down and dirty with Linux as much as i can.

Started off with gaming pretty much with LCD games, then moved onto the CBS Colecvision, Atari 2600, Commodore 64 & then moved onto the Amiga 500 in 1990. Bought an Amiga 1200 in 1992 ( upgraded it with a Blizzard 030/50 in 96 ) and spent another 8 years on that thing using it for "everything" till the year 2000. Went onto PeeCee ( groan ), got back into gaming somewhat with that till about 2003 and realised something was missing !??.

At about the start of this year i started getting back into the Amiga and pretty much stopped playing games on the PC, and to be honest, the C64 & Amiga were/are the machine to have!. They had the best community, the greatest programmers and musicians, great graphics, awesome sound chips ( the SID chip in the C64 is phenomenal, not to forget Paula either ), so i guess all round awesome machines.

Anyway, thats enough from me, otherwise if i write any more i might need to get it published Laughing

hey mate, welcome aboard!

and thanks for the background info, i think it's great to know a little more about the members around here etc..

hope you have fun and ill be seeing you at the convention!

-brad
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: blade002 Reply with quote

Welcome to the site mate, nice to have another commy lover onboard, I hope you enjoy your time here Smile

Smile tomz Smile
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard blade002,

Nice to see some ppl are still supporting the Amiga Demo scene,would have loved to have gone to Breakpoint in Germany Very Happy by far Amiga has the best demo scene ever Very Happy

Great to have another Miggy fan here,enjoy your stay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Who are you? All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: