retrobrad
Three Oranges

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThreeOranges
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Three Oranges Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

My name is Jayzen (or Jason), I am 33 years of age, single (no kids that I know of) live in a small country town 100kms or so South of Melbourne. Presently I am working full-time as a shop-assistant and studying part-time at Monash, Caulfield studying Honours of Bachelor of Information Technology and Systems. On the side I repair computers. I'm also a collector of Benchwarmer cards.

I would have been about 8 or 9 when I got into gaming; it was around 1983 at the local Cinema. Since then have gone from the Atari 2600 to an Xbox 360; SC3000 to an Amiga 500 to a PC. Many fonds memories of the Amiga, an operating system that actually work; had great games like Setters, Populus, Sim City, Ports of Call, Championship Cricket, Kings/Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry to name a few. Back then use to spend to much time and money on games and magazines. The magazines: CVG, Amiga Format, Commodore Amiga Review, Amiga World and a couple others that dont come to mind.

In my collection at the present moment you will find the following: Atari 2600 Jr, Sega SC3000, Amiga (500, 2000, CD32), Atari Lynx, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Nintendo 64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PSP Lite. I dont have a shelving system at the moment so most of the older system are kept in storage. I do have a big problem, I cannot seem to focus on any one system. I'm even into the emulation scene; atleast collecting for emulation is alot easier and cheaper.

anyhows, thats it for the moment.
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome ThreeOranges,

I Know only to well the problem of focusing on one system...if i see it and want it then i buy it,have quite a few consoles now just trying to build up my games colly at the mo.

Enjoy your time @ Retrobrad mate
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Three Oranges Reply with quote

ThreeOranges wrote:
Hey Everyone,

My name is Jayzen (or Jason), I am 33 years of age, single (no kids that I know of) live in a small country town 100kms or so South of Melbourne. Presently I am working full-time as a shop-assistant and studying part-time at Monash, Caulfield studying Honours of Bachelor of Information Technology and Systems. On the side I repair computers. I'm also a collector of Benchwarmer cards.

I would have been about 8 or 9 when I got into gaming; it was around 1983 at the local Cinema. Since then have gone from the Atari 2600 to an Xbox 360; SC3000 to an Amiga 500 to a PC. Many fonds memories of the Amiga, an operating system that actually work; had great games like Setters, Populus, Sim City, Ports of Call, Championship Cricket, Kings/Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry to name a few. Back then use to spend to much time and money on games and magazines. The magazines: CVG, Amiga Format, Commodore Amiga Review, Amiga World and a couple others that dont come to mind.

In my collection at the present moment you will find the following: Atari 2600 Jr, Sega SC3000, Amiga (500, 2000, CD32), Atari Lynx, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Nintendo 64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PSP Lite. I dont have a shelving system at the moment so most of the older system are kept in storage. I do have a big problem, I cannot seem to focus on any one system. I'm even into the emulation scene; atleast collecting for emulation is alot easier and cheaper.

anyhows, thats it for the moment.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

i have to agree with you there, Amiga did have an OS that worked! and it worked well, (not like windows today!!!) Just imagine if Amiga was still around today...

and i have the same problem, i just have a room full of all sorts of retro systems and games, infact i havent been able to buy anything new in a few months because i dont have room for it at the moment...
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Three Oranges Reply with quote

Hi JAYZEN and welcome to the forum, I love your colly but you dont list a C64 there, I hope you enjoy your time here and hopefully I can interest you in a C64, just to make your colly complete.

Im not asking anything for the C64, just cover some postage by way of a couple of disks/floppys in return either for Amiga or PC............ Question

Apart from all that a hardy welcome mate, if theres any interest /\ re above just PM me and if not then sorry and please ignore that part, but you are still very welcome here Smile

Smile tomz Smile
ThreeOranges
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomz sounds like a great offer, but I will have to decline. At the present moment I dont have the room (just added a Vectrex and Jaguar) and also the most important thing is it wouldn't get the love that is deserves if it ended up here.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Three Oranges Reply with quote

Not a problem mate!! Just a thought on my part anyway enjoy your time here with all the other Retro-Fanatics Smile Smile Smile (Yeah IM one of them)

Smile tomz Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Who are you? All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: