retrobrad
MINIMIG !
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiteb
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: MINIMIG ! Reply with quote

What is minimig ?

Minimig is..... a MINI-Amiga.

A 12cm x 12cm PCB, with the guts of an A500 dumped onto an FPGA.

http://home.hetnet.nl/~weeren001/

It also has support for PS2 Keyboard/Mice.

I really hope to have mine made up and with me at the Ballarat meet.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: MINIMIG!! Reply with quote

Hi there Whiteb, nice link, I had no idea something like this existed for Amiga lovers, by the way why not introduce yourself to the forum in the WHO ARE YOU part, Im sure there would be plenty of people here who share similar interests, and it will give them a chance to know a bit about you before you meet them at the RETRO Convention Smile

Hope you have your MINIMIG by the time the convention is on. Smile

Smile tomz Smile

PS The most amazing part about all the new gizmos that are appearing for our fave computers is that at the time our Amigas were new we didnt even imagine anything like this happening decades down the track.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: MINIMIG!! Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
Hi there Whiteb, nice link, I had no idea something like this existed for Amiga lovers, by the way why not introduce yourself to the forum in the WHO ARE YOU part, Im sure there would be plenty of people here who share similar interests, and it will give them a chance to know a bit about you before you meet them at the RETRO Convention Smile

Hope you have your MINIMIG by the time the convention is on. Smile

Smile tomz Smile

PS The most amazing part about all the new gizmos that are appearing for our fave computers is that at the time our Amigas were new we didnt even imagine anything like this happening decades down the track.

How much did the minimig cost?
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might interest you Whiteb, but when i went to Breakpoint in Germany this year i met Jen Schoenfield, the guy behind the CloneA Amiga. Wasn't he also a part of the Minimig design team?.

Anyway, Jen is a great guy and the only mistake i made when i was there was not buying his C64 adaptor that takes memory cards so you can store every C64 game ever made and have it load in an instant. it would have only cost me 50 euro too !!.

basically i really F#$#ed up!!.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: MINIMIG!! Reply with quote

@-Blade002-Dont have a link for Jens by any chance?? Smile

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, ive got an idea!

i could look into making a bulk amount of these adapters and you guys could buy them off me if you want? ill look into what i need and see how much they might cost each...
whiteb
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blade002 wrote:
This might interest you Whiteb, but when i went to Breakpoint in Germany this year i met Jen Schoenfield, the guy behind the CloneA Amiga. Wasn't he also a part of the Minimig design team?.

No, Minimig is 100% Dennis's work. Jens is interested in incorporating parts of minimig into Clone-A though.
whiteb
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrobrad wrote:
Hmm, ive got an idea!

i could look into making a bulk amount of these adapters and you guys could buy them off me if you want? ill look into what i need and see how much they might cost each...

We already know whats needed. to get *ANY* benefit, you need to order in BULK.

Usually, Bulk discount levels, you need 25, and 100 quantities (at least with Digikey you do). And that means *MEGA $$$$$'s*. You have a spare US$2000 to buy 100 FPGA chips.

*ALOT* of people have been severely slowed down, by Royal Mail and their strikes.. Myself included with my boards, which STILL have not arrived.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: MINIMIG! Reply with quote

Whiteb wrote

Quote:
*ALOT*of people have been severely slowed down, by Royal Mail and their strikes.
Myself included with my boards, which STILL have not arrived.

AHA so you are from the UK? Wink (Im guessing here)

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiteb wrote:
retrobrad wrote:
Hmm, ive got an idea!

We already know whats needed. to get *ANY* benefit, you need to order in BULK.

Usually, Bulk discount levels, you need 25, and 100 quantities (at least with Digikey you do). And that means *MEGA $$$$$'s*. You have a spare US$2000 to buy 100 FPGA chips.

*ALOT* of people have been severely slowed down, by Royal Mail and their strikes.. Myself included with my boards, which STILL have not arrived.

my mistake, i was refering to the c64 SD card carts Smile

a bit off topic really...
whiteb
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: MINIMIG! Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
Whiteb wrote

Quote:
*ALOT*of people have been severely slowed down, by Royal Mail and their strikes.
Myself included with my boards, which STILL have not arrived.

AHA so you are from the UK? Wink (Im guessing here)

Smile tomz Smile

Originally, yes. Slumming out in Melton (Vic) Smile
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: MINIMIG!! Reply with quote

@Whiteb - It was the Royal Mail commenrt of yours that made me ask,I havent heard anyone use that term since the mid 70s around the time we stopped putting the word 'Commonwealth' on our banknotes.
whiteb
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: MINIMIG!! Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
@Whiteb - It was the Royal Mail commenrt of yours that made me ask,I havent heard anyone use that term since the mid 70s around the time we stopped putting the word 'Commonwealth' on our banknotes.

Maybe I should have Mentioned Royal Mail being Retards for closing down MailRail.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: MINIMIG!! Reply with quote

Retrobrad wrote
Quote:
my mistake I was refering to the C64 SD card carts

If you do end up making some of these up I'll buy a couple of them Smile
I just PMed Jussi Saily in Finland for one but have no idea when and if.... Question Question

Smile tomz Smile
whiteb
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am making three.......

Minimig gets its first taste/Feed of Electrons. Voltages are within Tolerance so me=Happy, Minimig=Not gone pop yet.

The Flipside, This side is 99% dedicated to the Power Supply (Well, All the Voltage Caps anyway) The rest is just the holes for the Through Hole Components.

One is MINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, one goes to the USA (and then on to China to get Ripped apart again for Mass production (apparently), and the Third.. Well two were supposed to go to the USA, we shall see what they want. If they only want the one, then I'll decide on Selling it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> All about Amiga! All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: