retrobrad
Glasses who needs em ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The off-topic Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozzipete

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Glasses who needs em ?? Reply with quote

Although a bit obscure I just felt that I had to share this one.
For awhile now especially when doing really tedious work or reading fine print I have noticed "That just dont look right"
After a trip to the optomatrist yesterday confirmed my eyes are not so good for close up stuff anymore.
Well I can tell you I was in denial ... no this cant be happening I have always had 20/20 whats going on
So the bottom line is now in a weeks time I go and pick up my new spectacles .. how depressing
Shocked - this is what i reckon i will look like LOL
mixojoe
expert
expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Age is catching up with you Very Happy just like my suddenly expanding belly lol
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Glasses who needs 'em? Reply with quote

Dont get depresed over it Ozzipete, I got my reading glasses about 2 years ago coz my arms werent long enough to hold the paper away from me when I wanted to read it, and squinting wasnt doing the trick anymore either Shocked Recently I got a 2nd pair and now I dont even think about reading anything small without them. I can still pass the eye test at the RTA without their use but its the small print that gives me trouble Crying or Very sad

The worst part for me was my kids taking the ''*%@#'' out of me, even when they werent making a wise crack they would just stare at me with a peculiar grin on their faces.... Laughing

Smile tomz Smile
ozzipete

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Glasses who needs 'em? Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
Dont get depresed over it Ozzipete, I got my reading glasses about 2 years ago coz my arms werent long enough to hold the paper away from me when I wanted to read it, and squinting wasnt doing the trick anymore either Shocked Recently I got a 2nd pair and now I dont even think about reading anything small without them. I can still pass the eye test at the RTA without their use but its the small print that gives me trouble Crying or Very sad

The worst part for me was my kids taking the ''*%@#'' out of me, even when they werent making a wise crack they would just stare at me with a peculiar grin on their faces.... Laughing

Smile tomz Smile

Thanks both you guys Very Happy
I guess its a bit the same I need an extra foot on the end of my arms and things like reading jars and cans in the supermarket was getting hard , you are right Tomz the kids are worst Embarassed
They reckon I had Granparents disease ... as I hold something at arms length trying to focus on it LOL
Jeeezz I hope nothin else starts failing Crying or Very sad
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Glasses who needs 'em? Reply with quote

ozzipete wrote:
tomz/TIDE wrote:

Smile tomz Smile

Thanks both you guys Very Happy
I guess its a bit the same I need an extra foot on the end of my arms and things like reading jars and cans in the supermarket was getting hard , you are right Tomz the kids are worst Embarassed
They reckon I had Granparents disease ... as I hold something at arms length trying to focus on it LOL
Jeeezz I hope nothin else starts failing Crying or Very sad

well i guess it happens to the best of us!

hang, on - i just found a photo of you with your new glasses...
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't get too depressed about it. I am supposed to wear driving glasses ( cant see distance ) but i dont wear them.

Although you can get glasses these days that really make you look pretty damn cool. Find the right frames mate, and you'll have chicks after that intelligent look!. Wink
mixojoe
expert
expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My eye sight is realy good still. I think my hearing may be slightly fading though lol
ozzipete

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some strange reason I actually feel a little better I was really bummed out..
Thanks Guys Very Happy Very Happy
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozzipete wrote:
For some strange reason I actually feel a little better I was really bummed out..
Thanks Guys Very Happy Very Happy

Well to be honest mate, i actually wish i really really needed glasses at times. It really DOES give you that sophisticated smart look. And as we are all getting older on this forum, that cant be a bad thing now can it.

The alternative is a skinny scrawny teenager with pimples confused about life and not knowing his arse from his elbow.

Revel in your maturity, and never look back Smile

BTW - Nothing wrong with pimples at "any" age, but i think you guys get what i mean.
mixojoe
expert
expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah love it man! I am looking forward to greying lol. Also to being cared for like a baby in a nursing home and being able to ride around being a dick in a gopher. Being able to touch nurses up without being prosecuted!
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mixojoe wrote:
Yeah love it man! I am looking forward to greying lol. Also to being cared for like a baby in a nursing home and being able to ride around being a dick in a gopher. Being able to touch nurses up without being prosecuted!

You see!!!!... its all good ! Smile .. Don't forget the bit too where you crap your pants and the nurse changes your diper for you. Wink
mixojoe
expert
expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be totally offensive to everyone within sight!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The off-topic Lounge All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: