retrobrad
Wii

View previous topic :: View next topic  
takeshi
novice
novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Wii Reply with quote

I just got one and it's pretty sweet....really just waiting til my housemates get their controllers and we set her up on the wall projector though.

Anyone got one? Im wondering what games I should go for...At this stage im going to hold out for Re:Umbrella and MOH:H2....also get big brain and wii play so i can get those extra wiimotes for cheap.

sorry to post this on a retrogames forum but hey, its still Nintendo.
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought one at launch. At first I loved but does get boring after awhile. Best games i've enjoyed are Wii Sports Tennis, Guilty Gear and Rez Evil 4 Wii ED. takeshi: you must get Kororinpa it's the best game on it, it's like marble madness but it's so fun. Must stay away from Wario Ware it's very bad and boring, dosn't come close to the handheld versions.
grapes of gorf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wii rules and will rule forever in my books. Wii play is an ok single player game but is a great 2 player simultaneous game. The Wii mote batteries die easily and you should invest in a recharge station.

Excite Truck is a great 'arcade racer' I had a cool time completing it. You can throw mp3's on a Sd card and then put them in the Sd slot of your Wii. This allows you to listen to your favourite tracks while playing an amazing arcade racer. Excite Truck game play reminds me of Stunt Car Racer on the Amiga.

I had a good time with Wario Smooth Moves but I have not played the handheld versions. Young kids love Wario Ware.

Resident Evil 4 is a great horror game.

I got Rampage Total Destruction on sale at Target for under $30. It's a cool game and if you can get it on the cheep buy it. The controls can be a bit sticky and the game play repetitive, but it feels like the original and is good fun, just don't pay full price for it.

I just got Metroid Prime 3 today and have played it for about an hour on first impressions it's an awesome FPS. Super Mario Galaxy has just got amazing reviews form IGN (9.7) and GS (9.5) and I can't wait for its Australian release.

Other games that I am less enthusiastic about include Red Steel (poo), Rayman 1 (ok buy only on the cheep), Eledees (over rated), Sonic (moments of cool level design followed by poo and bad sticky controls), Carnival (is a bit smelly only buy if cheep).
THB
novice
novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too got one at launch, I loved twilight princess and wiisports/wiiplay. I also bought super monkey ball which has a terrible main game but some great mini games. Then I got it modchipped and now I have around 40 games I never play. One game I really do enjoy though is driver parallel lines. The control method on the wii is just spot on for this game.
takeshi
novice
novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got guitar hero 3 and it is really very fun. suggest a try for all, go to JB HIFI its only 127 with guitar!

also got umbrella chrons, pretty solid but rather repetitive
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Narly Nintendo! All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: