retrobrad
A little help for the convention...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: A little help for the convention... Reply with quote

Hi guys, im just getting everything in order for the convention and am just wondering if i could get a bit of help with a couple of things:

1. Could someone please bring an amiga 500 along? the one i normally use has decided it doesnt want to load from the internal floppy drive, and all my other 500's are packed away right at the back of my store room! If anyone could bring just the system itself, i can take care of the power supply, mouse, controllers monitor etc...

2. if you guys have any spare power boards or extension cords, could you please bring them along?

3. make sure you have a good time!

-brad
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Brad, I'll bring a Amiga for you.
mihcael
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: A little help for the convention... Reply with quote

retrobrad wrote:

2. if you guys have any spare power boards or extension cords, could you please bring them along?

-brad

what sort of stuff you need

i can bring 20M lead and i have some 5M and 3M leads

and 3-4 power boards!

although i will be arriving later (its quite a drive!!)
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: A little help for the convention... Reply with quote

retrobrad wrote:
Hi guys, im just getting everything in order for the convention and am just wondering if i could get a bit of help with a couple of things:

1. Could someone please bring an amiga 500 along? the one i normally use has decided it doesnt want to load from the internal floppy drive, and all my other 500's are packed away right at the back of my store room! If anyone could bring just the system itself, i can take care of the power supply, mouse, controllers monitor etc...

3. make sure you have a good time!

-brad

I am hesitant, but i am bringing my A1200 brad. It has WHDLoad installed and perhaps maybe 1000 games installed on the Hard Drive. Smile ... Bring the A500 anyway mate, from what i understand THB is going to be doing some networking with Stunt Car Racer!!.. Smile
mihcael
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade bring that shit!!

i havn't touched a real amiga in about a year! Embarassed
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihcael wrote:
Blade bring that shit!!

i havn't touched a real amiga in about a year! Embarassed

LOL.... your wish is my command!. But no drinks on the table next to it ! Smile ... My A1200 is still in very good condition, i also have a Blizzard 030/50 & 32 meg of ram installed. I will be using my 17 inch PC monitor ( my good old Phillips monitor died ) for it because i also have a Scandoubler, but doubler does a very poor job at displaying hires interlace.. ie... it cant !!. Fine for virtually all Amiga games though that run in low res.

Although my installation of Workbench right now is quite shoddy. It doesn't always load it up properly, which has nothing to do with the hardware, i just did a bit a quick job of putting Classic WB over the top of the Standard WB by not doing a proper format.

It only takes a few resets to get it right most of the time, and Workbench only takes about 6 seconds to boot anyway Smile ..

Another reason though why it might be playing up is because i have an old hack job of and IDE cable protruding from the case into a mini tower case that houses a CD Rom. The cable is really getting old now, and was rewired by Ami-Tech back in 1997. But yesterday i ordered a Buffered IDE device for the my HD and CD Rom, so that should hopefully arrive soon.

All in all though, my Amiga works fine and most of the games work fine!.. A lot of AGA stuff play around with and no disks to fiddle with.. although loading a game from the Amiga's drive is always a little bit nostalgic Smile

All in all, My A1200 which i bought in 1992 is my baby, so treat her with Care !!! Laughing Laughing
mihcael
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blade002 wrote:

All in all, My A1200 which i bought in 1992 is my baby, so treat her with Care !!! Laughing Laughing

ooohhhh! how sweet!!

maximum respect! i can't wait!! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The Annual Retrobrad Retro Games Convention All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: