retrobrad
M*I*S*H*A Says Hi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: M*I*S*H*A Says Hi Reply with quote

Hi Retro Fans,

I am known also on the forum Lemon Amiga as Misha,i use it because it`s my real life nickname.

I`m 37 years old,have a partner for whom i`ve been with for the past two years and an 8 month old son.

I`m a chef,have a real passion for retro gaming but unlike some i do like to keep up to date with the latest consoles,the biggest problem i have these days is lack of time to keep my interest going. My first system was an Amstrad CPC 464,since then i`ve gone through various systems but the one i kept a real interest in is Amiga. I`ve had 3x A500`s,1x A600 & 5x A1200`s.... my current system :- A1200T / Apollo 1240,16MB Ram / Amiga OS 3.9.

In my spare time (not like i have alot) i like to build PC Systems and from time to time give an Amiga 1200 a brand new home by sticking it in a computer tower and giving it a few essential upgrades,emulation is the way i get to enjoy great classic consoles nowadays but i have just started collecting and hope to have more gear than Brad one day lol.
ozzipete

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board Misha
(make sure you teach your son 'old is good' when it comes to console games) I have 5 kids all girls ranging from 2 wks to 19 years old except for the 2 week old they all play the old systems (great test pilots for hardware LOL) the newest thing I have in the house is an x-box with all the nintendo roms on saves dragging out the systems for them to play (but I am a bit taken by the Wii I must admit)
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well heres a big welcome from me!
i am jealous of your A1200 setup!

do you use that for your main computer? (ie to use the internet etc?)
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet but i hope to someday in the future,my pc steals the limelight at the mo,as for my setup well i`m jealous of kim lemon and his setup,been looking on ebay for A4000 but they are like gold dust.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, here in Australia it seems EVERYONE is looking for an A4000 (or even an A3000) they go for quite a bit of money, so i have to stick with my PC for the moment also, ive still got my good 'ol A1200 with OS 3.1 untill i get to upgrade = )

what does Kim Lemon have by the way?
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Kim`s setup...if you look at the bottom of his posts it tells you but i`ve copied and pasted for ya....A1200 / Blizzard 1260 / 64MB RAM / 40GB 2.5" internal HD / Subway USB / OS 3.9.

The Blizzard 1260 and the 64MB RAM is what is making me jealous,you`ll get your miggy upgraded just a question of keeping your eye out on ebay for bits and pieces or trying www.amigakit.com but it can be expensive, checkout the price of a Amiga Tower on there....?136 or $319 Australian Dollars if the currency convertor is correct.
jungle ninja
novice
novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Misha, are you original from the Tjech Republic? My wife is and they also call her Misha as a 'cosy' name (I hope I say it right! Smile).

Nice assortment of computers u got. Yeah time is always a problem!
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jungle ninja,

Nope i`m not! i`m not even Welsh,i`m English guy that emigrated to Wales, i got the nick Misha due to some Russian friends i know! in Russia Misha is Mike or Michael which is my real name just Misha sounded better than boring old Mike so i tend to use it more than my real name. Hope that answered your question.
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(make sure you teach your son 'old is good'

ozziepete my son already knows old is good since his father is such an old git lol.
jungle ninja
novice
novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misha wrote:
Hi Jungle ninja,

Nope i`m not! i`m not even Welsh,i`m English guy that emigrated to Wales, i got the nick Misha due to some Russian friends i know! in Russia Misha is Mike or Michael which is my real name just Misha sounded better than boring old Mike so i tend to use it more than my real name. Hope that answered your question.

Thanks for answering. Well, sorry to say my friend, but in those countries (Slavic) that is a nickname for girls. Embarassed

But then, it doesn't bother me and if no one else knows, who cares, right?
forestville
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all i'm forestville also i am on the retro gamer forums under the same name, who else in here is on the retro gamer forums. i live in the west midlands in england, like heavy metal music, horror and sci fi films and tv programs, also like travel

Very Happy
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Forestville,

Welcome to RetroBrad,a cool little site for all fans of retro machines,so tell us what systems do you have?
ozzipete

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misha wrote:
Quote:
(make sure you teach your son 'old is good'

ozziepete my son already knows old is good since his father is such an old git lol.

At first the kids do look at old 8 and 16 bit stuff a bit strange dont they Confused
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forestville wrote:
hi all i'm forestville also i am on the retro gamer forums under the same name, who else in here is on the retro gamer forums. i live in the west midlands in england, like heavy metal music, horror and sci fi films and tv programs, also like travel

Very Happy

Hi!

im also in the retro gamer forums, just recently signed up! (same name - retrobrad)

it seems there are quite a few good retro gaming forums, i am also on Lemon Amiga and Lemon64 Smile

hope you have fun here too!

-brad
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brad & All other members,

Well after a long absence there is not really much to add on the misha and collecting front,i`ve added an Amiga CD32 to my collection and been adding lots of Amiga CD-Roms to my collection. The problem i`ve found with collecting so many different systems is i can`t seem to concentrate on one system @ a time but over the christmas period i decided i had to

The next system i plan to add to the colly will be an Amiga CDTV,been a few on ebay lately but going for ridiculous prices,around about ?100 inc p&p because of the christmas period,i plan to wait until after when the prices will be a little cheaper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Who are you? All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: