retrobrad
A Nintendo Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: A Nintendo Question Reply with quote

I have this unusual plug one end fits into the joypad/controller port of my NES the other end is a male plug with 25 pins, anybody happens to know what this can be used for?

My suspicions are..............zilch,I have no idea whatsoever as I only just got my NES,maybe conectivity to another NES?? Its just a stab in the dark
(the best kind Laughing ) but more than likely,wrong Sad

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: A Nintendo Question Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
I have this unusual plug one end fits into the joypad/controller port of my NES the other end is a male plug with 25 pins, anybody happens to know what this can be used for?

My suspicions are..............zilch,I have no idea whatsoever as I only just got my NES,maybe conectivity to another NES?? Its just a stab in the dark
(the best kind Laughing ) but more than likely,wrong Sad

Smile tomz Smile

hi tomz, does it actually plug into the controller port - or does a controller plug into it?

the only thing i can think that it is - is a nes control pad to PC parallel port adapter - so you could use your NES control pad with PC emulators...
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: A Nintendo Question Reply with quote

It plugs into the joypad controller port and the other end is the 25 pin male, Im starting to think that it may be a an addon like a steering wheel controller plug,in between NES and Wheel.

So its a case of 2 male plugs one definately into controller port of NES the other....a mystery at this time Confused

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: A Nintendo Question Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
It plugs into the joypad controller port and the other end is the 25 pin male, Im starting to think that it may be a an addon like a steering wheel controller plug,in between NES and Wheel.

So its a case of 2 male plugs one definately into controller port of NES the other....a mystery at this time Confused

Smile tomz Smile

hmm, maybe it could be for one of those excercise floor mats?

it definately doesnt sound like a powerglove connector...
takeshi
novice
novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only PC to NES PAD cables i've seen are USB...(unless they are homemade jobs)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Narly Nintendo! All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: