retrobrad
Topic mouseover text

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VERTIGO
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Topic mouseover text Reply with quote

I love the website, the forum looks great. I was thinking that a mouseover to view new topics would be a great addition to the forum. It would save you from having to look at posts that sound interesting, but after reading the dribble you wish you never had.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Topic mouseover text Reply with quote

VERTIGO wrote:
I love the website, the forum looks great. I was thinking that a mouseover to view new topics would be a great addition to the forum. It would save you from having to look at posts that sound interesting, but after reading the dribble you wish you never had.

do you mean when you put your mouse over a topic it would bring up a text box detailing whats in it?
VERTIGO
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on Very Happy
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERTIGO wrote:
Spot on Very Happy

hmm, its a great idea but im not sure how to do that!

does anyone know how i can implement this?
mixojoe
expert
expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm mouse roll overs are not too hard to implement, but one which shows new topics within an individual forum is a different matter. You need to find a PHP man on your travels.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Topic mouseover text Reply with quote

I dont think this will be all that easy to implement. Sure its easy enough to have the mouse display whats in the topic,if it was a fixed item/s. But as whats been suggested,to have the mouseover display the latest listing and/or any new topics that may have been added,sounds a lot harder to do.Im not saying it cant be done,just that it would be extremely difficult.

If we were able to pull this off, we would be one of the few forums on the web to have this feature. Would be nice and handy though Smile

(BTW-Has any one seen this feature anywhere else??)

On the other hand a lil MIDI player would also make a nice feature for the site. This may prove easier to implement.Wink

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Topic mouseover text Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
I dont think this will be all that easy to implement. Sure its easy enough to have the mouse display whats in the topic,if it was a fixed item/s. But as whats been suggested,to have the mouseover display the latest listing and/or any new topics that may have been added,sounds a lot harder to do.Im not saying it cant be done,just that it would be extremely difficult.

If we were able to pull this off, we would be one of the few forums on the web to have this feature. Would be nice and handy though Smile

On the other hand a lil MIDI player would also make a nice feature for the site. This may prove easier to implement.Wink

Smile tomz Smile

yeah, believe me i have tried to put in a midi/sid player - i just couldnt pull it off. I spent hours trying to get these things working where you could select a tune from a list and listen to it.

Its a great idea - but something that i havent been able to do!
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Topic - mouseover text Reply with quote

I wrote
Quote:

Yup,on an Amiga forum I recently joined,think it was EAB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Site Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: