retrobrad
Had a bad accident :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The off-topic Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Had a bad accident :( Reply with quote

Got home from work at 2pm on Friday... had a sleep till 7pm... left to go to the gym at 8:30pm and only a few minutes from where i live i had a head on collision with another Car. deep cut to my head requiring stitches, i am hardly able to move my left arm from the elbow resulting in a lot of pain, bruising around my waist and chest from the seat belt, my bottom teeth almost went right through the bottom part of my mouth , heavy bruising to my left knee, and pain around my waist.

My head got thrusted forward into the rear vision mirror and my head hit the windscreen.

The other guy is ok, and my Car is completely destroyed.... I don't know what i am going to do now because i need a Car, but i am ok. I spent the entire night in hospital for scans and observartions.. no internal bleeding, although they did not scan my head/brain.\

Spent most of the weekend almost falling over sometimes due to the concussion that has stayed around but now its Tuesday and i am healing quite well now... I am just glad i am still alive, and its made me appreciate my life a little more Smile ...

Keep Retrogaming my friends Smile
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats horrible dude. Get well soon, take it easy. If you can just rest on the couch and play a console game, that should help you get better.
Reagrds
Ike (Darren)
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's no good at all mate!

But it is very good to hear that you made it through, and im sure everyone around here is glad that you're still around.

I'm going to send you a 'get well' gift! something from my collection...

how about it? does anyone else want to help blade on his road to recovery by sending him something from our collection???
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Had a bad accident :( Reply with quote

Im really sorry to hear about your accident mate,and sure am glad that you werent hurt more seriously, although I would be inclined to get that head scan ASAP, just to be sure as concusion can be very serious (even though you may be feeling better).

I cant help much in the console area but I know you like the Amiga, can your systems handle CDs or just 3.5" disks? (PM on this with UR Addy)

Get well soon mate, just keep in mind people cant be replaced, but most everything else can........... Smile

Smile tomz Smile
grapes of gorf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Blade, Just want to mirror what the other folks have written. You wrote that the accident has made you appreciate your life a little more and it's a great thing that you have found a way to be POSITIVE. When other people would be all negative. Get well man.
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ike wrote:
Thats horrible dude. Get well soon, take it easy. If you can just rest on the couch and play a console game, that should help you get better.
Reagrds
Ike (Darren)

Thanks a lot my friend! I do intend to relax and kick back quite a bit whilst the insurance companies, police and assessors figure it all out. Although i do know a couple of things right now, and that is my Car is a complete and utter write off ( even the roof buckled ), and the other guy who drove into me was drink driving.

I might hit myself up with a VT Commodore now, most likely if i can a 98 model Acclaim with Airbags... After this accident, I think Airbags are vital!!.

retrobrad wrote:
Wow, that's no good at all mate!

But it is very good to hear that you made it through, and im sure everyone around here is glad that you're still around.

I'm going to send you a 'get well' gift! something from my collection...

how about it? does anyone else want to help blade on his road to recovery by sending him something from our collection???

You are such a good Man Brad, but there is no need to send me anything, but it really is greatly appreciated!!. I will actually be spending some time playing a lot my Amiga games with WHDLoad Smile and especially Super Stardust for the monthly highscore competition on English Amiga Board. I am also studying part time as you know, so i will getting a lot of that done too !!.

But the thought is amazing, and i now know with all you guys on here that i have managed to get a whole bunch of what i will think will be lifelong friends Smile

tomz/TIDE wrote:
Im really sorry to hear about your accident mate,and sure am glad that you werent hurt more seriously, although I would be inclined to get that head scan ASAP, just to be sure as concusion can be very serious (even though you may be feeling better).

I cant help much in the console area but I know you like the Amiga, can your systems handle CDs or just 3.5" disks? (PM on this with UR Addy)

Get well soon mate, just keep in mind people cant be replaced, but most everything else can........... Smile

Smile tomz Smile

I will be getting some Scans done on Friday. I was going to go earlier but i have been sorting everything else out, plus its hard to get down there without a Car. I am "still" getting some dizzy spells, but they are getting less and less frequent with each passing day, so that is some consolation Smile

And yep, my Amiga does take CD's, but i think i have most of the good Amiga CD games already such as Genetic Species, Myst, Simon the Sorcerer, Wasted Dreams, Microcosm, T-Zero ..etc... Smile

Thanks anyway buddy Smile

grapes of gorf wrote:
Hey Blade, Just want to mirror what the other folks have written. You wrote that the accident has made you appreciate your life a little more and it's a great thing that you have found a way to be POSITIVE. When other people would be all negative. Get well man.

Oh most certainly my friend, i am looking at the good side here and not the bad side, because i could have easily been either dead or have some permanent injuries, but as it stands, all of my injures will heal and i will be back to normal, although its taking some time.

Thanks for your kinds words, and i right now i am smiling not crying over this. There really isn't anything else i can do, is there !?.. Catchya Smile
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Pictures Sad

[/img]
mixojoe
expert
expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a pic of how you turned out
VERTIGO
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that car got fucked up. I would be interested to hear what model car hit you with such blunt force to cause that kind of damage. One for you must have been doing at least 65 to 78km/per hour to get that type damage. Also the windscreen doesn't even show any signs of stress or cake marks.

To me that looks like your fucking luckly to be alive mate. I must admit that the pictures look more like a side,or rear impact than a head on. Your alive, so all is good.

Be Well and drive safely.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought id check up and see how things are going there blade?

getting better?

what have you been up to in the last few days?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The off-topic Lounge All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: