retrobrad
Whats the best MP3 Player?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The off-topic Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Whats the best MP3 Player? Reply with quote

Yeah yeah i know everyone raves on about the ipod but i actually can`t
stand them,they are to small,to flimsy and easily broken.

IMHO i think Creative MP3 Players are pretty stylish and yes i do own one
Creative ZEN Vision M 30GB version,it`s been a reliable player and never
let me down,i do accept it`s a little bulky but hey it hard wearing and the
sound quality is every bit as good if not better than the ipod.

So guys what MP3 Players do you all own? and which one really is the best?
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a HP ipac pda with a 2gig card. Sound quality will give any mp3 player a run for it's money. I agree the Creative mp3 plays do rock. If I didn't own a Pda I would have gone for a iRiver. Sound quality and extra fetures stand out for me. The audio in port suits me if I want to record music when I reherse with a band.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Whats the best MP3 Player? Reply with quote

IKE-You should be considering buying an MP4 Player from Hong Kong, they are cheap (about a third of the price here in OZ) and they are the next step up to compete with Ipod etc . Wink

PS-MP3 player,WHAT? Cant U afford an Ipod?What with all UR sales on eBay at this time (Oh yes Ive been watching!! Wink ) you must be loaded

Razz Razz Razz Wink

Smile tomz Smile
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He He your a clown Tomz Smile I was dissapointed with what I got for my SMS games. With the stuff I sold I just bought a Asus eee PC because my old Toshiba Laptop blew. I wish I was loaded, I have a crap load of bills to pay Sad
I can tell you the Asus eee has so much grunt for a mini Laptop I've even gotten Half Life to run at 60fps. Very impressed, also got rid of the horrible Linux OS that was on it and put WinXP and it only takes about 20sec to fully boot (Super Fast)!!
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Whats the best MP3 Player? Reply with quote

LOL yeah I was just messin around, when I first saw your items on E(vil)BAY I thought you might have been a bit strapped for ca$h, otherwise you would have probably kept many of the things you ended up selling.

BTW-Have U still got your old lappy? Whats blown on it? How much U want for it? Smile

As for the MP3 player, depends on what you want it for, if its just listening to music occasionally then you could always get one of these combo mp3-player+memory stick, they are cheap and you'd have a dual use for it as well Smile

Smile tomz Smile
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tomz, I got $80 for my Laptop. The USB and HD conections stoped working so I wasn't going to spend money on fixing it. I still have a Belkin Wifi PCMA card for a laptop if yur interested for $20 free postage. I only bought it in Oct last year for $50. Mp3 player wise the PDA kicks major ass. Well now that I have a Asus EEE PC my laptop worries have gone.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Whats the best MP3 Player? Reply with quote

Sorry IKE I just sold the FREE (do the course) lappy and so have no need for any laptop cards at this time,but it was a great offer on your part,I do appreciate the thought Darren, if I still had the ACER I would have taken you up on your offer even if only to keep as a spare or something. Wink

BTW-You still havent told us your main needs for this MP3 player,what are you going to use it for,most of the time? Bit more info would be nice..... Smile

Smile tomz Smile
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my PDA as a MP3 player everyday on the train to work and I also use it for watching DivX movies and also playing Super Callapse and Bejeweled. I do have a cheapo Mp3 player from China but are just a waste of money. Needs Recharging everyday and the sound quality is crap. The PDA has unbelivable sound!!!!
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Whats the best MP3 Player? Reply with quote

Sounds to me like you have already solved your question then.What you already have in place seems to be catering for your daily needs when commuting, so why spend X-Tra Do$h if you can directe these towards your bills.

Bills are a pain in the arse, theyre the only regular thing in our lives (love that electricity bill-we should all go solar!) anyway if you do get a better system, just send me your old PDA Wink

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the best MP3 Player? Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
Sounds to me like you have already solved your question then.What you already have in place seems to be catering for your daily needs when commuting, so why spend X-Tra Do$h if you can directe these towards your bills.

Bills are a pain in the arse, theyre the only regular thing in our lives (love that electricity bill-we should all go solar!) anyway if you do get a better system, just send me your old PDA Wink

Smile tomz Smile

Hey tomz - are you sure you're not getting ike confused with misha?
Ike
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Brad, I thought I was going crazy!! Tomz, you were realy tripping me out!! HE HE
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Brad

Nah mate tomz isn`t confusing ike with me.

@ike

Yeah and my MP3 player can do most of the things your PDA can do,like store photo`s,watch films and listen to music. Can`t play emulators though or any games Sad but then i have a PDA for when i want to do those things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> The off-topic Lounge All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: