retrobrad
What Commodore accessories do you own?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Crazy about Commodore!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: What Commodore accessories do you own? Reply with quote

Ive got loads of tape and floppy drives and a few monitors, but the best accessories ive got would be an action replay cartridge, voice synth add-on, light pen and also the koala pad!

what does everyone else have for the C64?
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: What Commodore accesories do you own? Reply with quote

I also have the AR but my most convinient accesory would have to be my infared joy pad,its a WINNER Ufo,and its shaped like a fat boomerang, I got it with a load of Amiga gear and when I tried it on the C64 I found it worked perfectly, so some people have a remote for their mp3 players and stereos, I load some C64 music collection (my C64 is hooked up to my stereo system) sit back 15 feet away and select and play whatever I like from the current music colly loaded,its great it really is!And LOUD!!

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What Commodore accesories do you own? Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
I also have the AR but my most convinient accesory would have to be my infared joy pad,its a WINNER Ufo,and its shaped like a fat boomerang, I got it with a load of Amiga gear and when I tried it on the C64 I found it worked perfectly, so some people have a remote for their mp3 players and stereos, I load some C64 music collection (my C64 is hooked up to my stereo system) sit back 15 feet away and select and play whatever I like from the current music colly loaded,its great it really is!And LOUD!!

Smile tomz Smile

So what do you listen to? SID tunes etc???
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: What Commodore accesories do you own Reply with quote

Only SID nothing but the SID, yeah I love the SID sound and I play different SID tunes for different moods. I have recorded (poorly) Sid tunes for my friends with mp3 players and strangely enough the friends I give them to dont ask me to give them more techno but they ask for SID tunes. This speaks for itself but lets face many SID tunes are timeless.

I like all music with maybe the exception of cRAP, honestly,under privelidged people talking about their situation and their crappy lives and how they are gonna do some bitch or blow someone away,well I find this pretty lame, sorry thats just my feeling towards cRAP, admitedlly one or two of these tunes actually contain some sort of harmony,but thats about it, does nothing for me,whereas a sentimental or touching SID tune will on occasions bring a tear to my eye,SID tunes (most) are in a leauge of their own in my opinion, only my opinion

Sorry to get slightly off subject but then the SID although a permanent part of the C64, has been emulated on at least 4 different formats so it cant be all that bad,and in topic maybe we should consider the SID chip as one of the finest accesories that Commodore saw fit to make permanent in their machines (thank goodness they did)

Of course this is just another way of looking at the SID Very Happy

Smile tomz Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Crazy about Commodore! All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: