retrobrad
Who own a Commodore Cd/TV
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
***astro_boy***
expert
expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Who own a Commodore Cd/TV Reply with quote

who else here owns a Commodore CD/TV besides myself these things are the GEAR!!!!
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Who own a Commodore Cd/TV Reply with quote

***astro_boy*** wrote:
who else here owns a Commodore CD/TV besides myself these things are the GEAR!!!!

Mate, i wish that i did have one!

ive noticed that they are pretty popular on ebay and sell for quite a bit, especially with a few games...
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Who own a Commodore Cd/TV Reply with quote

I have one without a keyboard but I do have the remote control for it along with 6 CDs for it. And as far as I know this lil unit was the worlds first CD player capable of handling both normal audio music discs as well as the Amiga discs with computer stuff on them Smile

Although I dont use mine much these days I did transfer from it some interesting programs for my A500, which is the Amiga I mostly use.But they are capable of handling any Amiga CDs

What are they worth today? I remember when they first appeared in Melbourne and they were quite pricey but then again they were amazing at that time. AHHH nice memories of seing them on display at Myers.

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the CDTV's were a bit of a novelty, commodore designed it so that it didnt look like a games machine but rather - a piece of hardware that looked like a vcr or amplifier etc... so it fitted in nicely with your home entertainment system.

its a real pitty it never really took off but im still very jealous of those who have one.

im pretty sure you can download cd images that contain loads of games for it...
***astro_boy***
expert
expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

before the cd/tv commodore game up with a 40 game collection on a cd which you used to have to out in your stereo to play cd and run a cable from the headphone jack to your system to play the games
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Who own a Commodore Cd/TV Reply with quote

Who or what is game up? Excuse my ignorance but theres one I never heard of before, could you tell us more about that?Who made it, or was it another Commodore product? Be interesting to know...... Confused

I have 10 CDTV discs that I got with the machine the main demo disc,then another one which is No4 out of a public domain lib and the rest are all Wombat discs from the wombat lib with a lot of Fred fish stuff

Smile tomz Smile
THB
novice
novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one, love it, remains one of my favourite amigas. I have been working on a compilation CD where I pack in as many amigados/cdtv pad friendly games as I can onto a cd. Its not progressing at a fantastic pace but there are a couple of working games on there already.

Also have the black keyboard but with an Azerty layout Sad
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THB wrote:
I have one, love it, remains one of my favourite amigas. I have been working on a compilation CD where I pack in as many amigados/cdtv pad friendly games as I can onto a cd. Its not progressing at a fantastic pace but there are a couple of working games on there already.

Also have the black keyboard but with an Azerty layout Sad

what games have you copied over i.e are they cdtv specific or games from another system that you've managed to get working?
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Who own a CD/TV Reply with quote

@THB - The beauty of it all is the fact that you can whack some of these great games and demos on your cd compilation,you know the ones that work on the earlier Workbench, good work mate maybe when you get a few more onto the cd you'll post a list of what you have managed to get onto cd Wink

Keep up the good work coz when finished you share it,we all benefit from it Very Happy

Smile tomz Smile
THB
novice
novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just regular a500 games that are amigados friendly,

Indeed planning to share this when its done or has a few more games on there. I find that I have the most luck with games that are on existing ADF compilations.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Who own a CD/TV Reply with quote

The oddest part about the CD/TV for me is that I have only transfered one way,from CD/TV to a disk so I can use it on one of my other Amigas.

Its great to hear that you are prepared to share it, once finished becoz I have always been a firm beleiver that datas and information should all be free for everyone. And over the years I have been very selfish and given away a lot of Commy hardware and software, but its like X-Mas, the buzz is in the giving........... Smile

Smile tomz Smile
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Who own a CD/TV Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
The oddest part about the CD/TV for me is that I have only transfered one way,from CD/TV to a disk so I can use it on one of my other Amigas.

Its great to hear that you are prepared to share it, once finished becoz I have always been a firm beleiver that datas and information should all be free for everyone. And over the years I have been very selfish and given away a lot of Commy hardware and software, but its like X-Mas, the buzz is in the giving........... Smile

Smile tomz Smile

and tomz has to be the most giving guy i know!

by the way tomz, i want to buy a c128 off you Smile how much do you want or one???
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have one but it is on my "Still To Collect" list. The last one to sell on Aussie Ebay went for $212.50 + $25.00 postage on 13/06/07 and that was without the box or keyboard. At that price, it's expensive but not out of the question.
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, one other thing. What's an "azerty" keyboard? Does it have an "a" and "z" key where the "q" and "w" keys usually are? Tell me more about it as I wasn't aware that there was anything else but "qwerty" keyboards, unless you're talking really early typewriters that were still experimenting with different layouts. I love stuff like that!
THB
novice
novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azerty is the french keyboard layout. Germany has qwertz iirc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> All about Amiga! All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: