retrobrad
What portable devices do you emulators with?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah brad the n-gage is going fine!! the only real problems i`ve had are on the emu front and that`s just because the n-gage has been out 4 or so years now and people have stopped updating the emu`s they developed.

Snes games are pretty slow on it but i have to say i can run about 95% of megadrive games without any probs,of course the sms/gg emulates perfectly with no slow down.
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention also have Tungsten T3 with emu`s on to,not a bad PDA
The emu i use is called LJP and it emulates NES,SNES, GB/GBC, Megadrive,
SMS,GG,Wonderswan color & Neo Geo Pocket color.

Oh yeah Brad i`m considering the Motorola A1000 that you suggested but can you give me a little more info on the emu`s you use and how well they emulate,speedwise.

Thanks Brad.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misha wrote:
Forgot to mention also have Tungsten T3 with emu`s on to,not a bad PDA
The emu i use is called LJP and it emulates NES,SNES, GB/GBC, Megadrive,
SMS,GG,Wonderswan color & Neo Geo Pocket color.

Oh yeah Brad i`m considering the Motorola A1000 that you suggested but can you give me a little more info on the emu`s you use and how well they emulate,speedwise.

Thanks Brad.

LJP is a great application! i used to run it on my Tapwave Zodiac. it had just about all the emulators you need on the one program!!

the A1000 is great with all emulators, but the only one that is a little slow is the SNES emulator (but isnt it slow on all pda's...) but i found that if you turn the sound off and have a frame skip of about 2, most games seem to run at full speed, especially super mario world!

it plays games like doom and wolf3d flawlessly, full speed and great sound!

megadrive games run great in fullscreen, but im not sure if they have sound working yet??
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the megadrive emu on LJP has sound,the only one that does`nt support sound at the moment is the Wonderswan.

Most of the members here seem to like emu`s,myself i thank the person who had the idea to emulate different systems...can you imagine carrying around all your consoles for a serious gaming session..nope i have enough to carry day after day Very Happy besides i don`t think work would be to pleased with me if i did.

Ooops did it again....you mean`t your emulator...sorry,i know picodrive on the n-gage has no sound Sad
slaanesh
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What portable devices do you emulators with? Reply with quote

retrobrad wrote:
retro console emulators are on everything these days, what portable consoles do you guys have that you use emulators with?

I've got most of the nice handheld consoles and use them to varying degrees. My favourite is the GP2X as it covers most machines rather well including NES, SNES, Megadrive, SMS, Neo Geo, CPS2, MSX, Atari 8-bit and of course the killer app for me: MAME!

I've also got a Zodiac which also has nice versions of MAME in the form of ZodMAME and PalmMAME.

Surprisingly the N-gage had quite a few nice emulators including EEMAME which ran some of the early arcade machines very nicely. Unfortunately my Ngage QD died - I can't find anyone who sells Ngage QDs anymore. They seem to be rarer than hen's teeth.

The GP32 used to be my handheld emulator machine of choice a few years ago but the GP2X has mostly replaced the machines I used to emulate on that.

THE PSP has a nice swag of emulators too - just depends which platform you prefer.

The other surprisingly good platform is the GBA and the NDS.

I started my handheld emulator interests with a GBA and a flash cart so that I could run PocketNES. What an amazing piece of software that was! It literally was a portable NES in your pocket - even more so with the GBA micros now released. Other awesome GBA emulators include ones for the SMS and the PC Engine. There was even a SNES emu but it was proving a little too much for the humble GBA - it's work now lives on the NDS.
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Slaanesh Yeah i like my handhelds to.....have thought about the GP2X & GP32 but not found any decent ones on ebay. I love the N-Gage despite the fact that it didn`t work for Nokia,the only regret is that no one is developing for it anymore so you have half finished Emu`s (Any programmers out there want to develop a good genesis emu for n-gage with sound would be appreciated!).

I have a gamegear,Atari Lynx,Neo Geo Color & GBA in my colly i`ve often thought about a flash cart for the GBA but what else would i require to get the emu`s onto cart?
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: What portable devices do you emulators with? Reply with quote

slaanesh wrote:
retrobrad wrote:
retro console emulators are on everything these days, what portable consoles do you guys have that you use emulators with?

I've got most of the nice handheld consoles and use them to varying degrees. My favourite is the GP2X as it covers most machines rather well including NES, SNES, Megadrive, SMS, Neo Geo, CPS2, MSX, Atari 8-bit and of course the killer app for me: MAME!

I've also got a Zodiac which also has nice versions of MAME in the form of ZodMAME and PalmMAME.

Surprisingly the N-gage had quite a few nice emulators including EEMAME which ran some of the early arcade machines very nicely. Unfortunately my Ngage QD died - I can't find anyone who sells Ngage QDs anymore. They seem to be rarer than hen's teeth.

The GP32 used to be my handheld emulator machine of choice a few years ago but the GP2X has mostly replaced the machines I used to emulate on that.

THE PSP has a nice swag of emulators too - just depends which platform you prefer.

The other surprisingly good platform is the GBA and the NDS.

I started my handheld emulator interests with a GBA and a flash cart so that I could run PocketNES. What an amazing piece of software that was! It literally was a portable NES in your pocket - even more so with the GBA micros now released. Other awesome GBA emulators include ones for the SMS and the PC Engine. There was even a SNES emu but it was proving a little too much for the humble GBA - it's work now lives on the NDS.

its funny, people here in Australia always talk about the psp and emulators on them, then i tell them about the zodiac, gp32 or gp2x they have never heard of them!

its kinda like mp3 players, people think they have to buy an ipod if they want an mp3 player...
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misha wrote:
@ Slaanesh Yeah i like my handhelds to.....have thought about the GP2X & GP32 but not found any decent ones on ebay. I love the N-Gage despite the fact that it didn`t work for Nokia,the only regret is that no one is developing for it anymore so you have half finished Emu`s (Any programmers out there want to develop a good genesis emu for n-gage with sound would be appreciated!).

I have a gamegear,Atari Lynx,Neo Geo Color & GBA in my colly i`ve often thought about a flash cart for the GBA but what else would i require to get the emu`s onto cart?

you need the flash cart reader/writer = )
slaanesh
beginner
beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misha wrote:

The guy that originally did the ngage megadrive emulator is "notaz". He frequents the www.gp32x.com board. He's finished off Picodrive for the GP2X and it's the most complete and excellent handheld emulator.

If you want a GP2X you can order them from an Australian dealer www.gp2x.net.au. I've bought my GP2X from them last year - they were fast and friendly! Mind you there is a new version of the GP2X coming out at the end of October so you may want to hold off.

There are some amazing advances with flashcarts now. The best ones use a memory card that slots into the flash cart which in turn slots into the GBA (or NDS). It's simply a matter of copying the homebrew on to the memory card! So nothing else is required.
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Slaanesh the best one i`ve seen on ebay is a brand new one going for the princely sum of ?279,i`d hate to think what it would cost me from Australia with shipping but i will have a look to see if it`s a viable option.

Thanks for the link Very Happy and i`m sure going to look into getting a flash cart for the GBA,would be fun to use emu`s on that to.

@ Brad Thanks mate i`ll see if i can find a flash cart reader/writer on the net and a few flash carts to.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misha wrote:
@Slaanesh the best one i`ve seen on ebay is a brand new one going for the princely sum of ?279,i`d hate to think what it would cost me from Australia with shipping but i will have a look to see if it`s a viable option.

Thanks for the link Very Happy and i`m sure going to look into getting a flash cart for the GBA,would be fun to use emu`s on that to.

@ Brad Thanks mate i`ll see if i can find a flash cart reader/writer on the net and a few flash carts to.

no worries!

let us know how you go with it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> And the rest... All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: