retrobrad
Just a little story...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Just a little story... Reply with quote

I remember years and years ago when the nes and master system were hugely popular and if you owned an atari 2600 then you'd be laughed at because you werent cool enough.

Anyway i was over my friends house and his family didnt have a whole heap of money and the only game system they had was an atari 2600, he wanted to play it (but i wasnt too keen) i gave it a go anyway and had heaps and heaps of fun with it, i guess i was a bit too caught up with the amazing graphics of the newer systems and you forget that it isnt really even about the graphics, its the gameplay that makes a great game.

who else has a quick story???
Misha
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago i was into Sega Megadrive and spent many an hour playing my life away. One day i went to a friends house to have a boys night in or serious gaming session,while there it was then i was introduced to the Amiga. I have to say back then i was dubious about the system but by the end of the night i`d realised that it was a good computer with alot of games available on it that i owned on my Sega.

After that night i decided i had to have one and bought my first system ....A500+ and i`ve got to say it was thanks to my mates A500 and that night that got me hooked on the Amiga,apart from a few years ago i`ve been a fan ever since and wouldn`t give my Miggy up now for anything.
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misha wrote:
Years ago i was into Sega Megadrive and spent many an hour playing my life away. One day i went to a friends house to have a boys night in or serious gaming session,while there it was then i was introduced to the Amiga. I have to say back then i was dubious about the system but by the end of the night i`d realised that it was a good computer with alot of games available on it that i owned on my Sega.

After that night i decided i had to have one and bought my first system ....A500+ and i`ve got to say it was thanks to my mates A500 and that night that got me hooked on the Amiga,apart from a few years ago i`ve been a fan ever since and wouldn`t give my Miggy up now for anything.

i have to agree. my very first Amiga was the best ever! i bought it second hand for about $100 and played it HEAPS!!

i wish i still had that amiga though Crying or Very sad
jungle ninja
novice
novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many years ago, when I was alot younger than I am now, we used to goto my aunt and uncle. My uncle had a c64 and would show it to us and we could play. We only had an Atari 2600, since 1980 and then years later seing this c64 at my uncles place was a whole new experience! We all wanted one of our own. So my parents let my brother have one and we would play on it. A while later I was aloud to buy one and that was the true beginning of my addiction to gaming.
Daniel C
novice
novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember our local K Mart was still selling brand new Atari 2600 systems right up until around 1991. Even at that very late stage in amongst 16-bit systems, Atari was still airing TV commercials for its famous system. I remember this really embarrassing pseudo rap jingle. And at ninety-nine dollars it's a really cool price, it's the 2600 from A - ta - ri!Here's a little story. Back in around 1990, I used to go over to this friend's place to play on his really cool Amiga 500. Compared to my humble C64, it was heaven! Anyway, one day he came over to my place and we played on my 64. He loved it! In fact, the next time I visited him, he made me bring the C64 over to his place so he could play it there. Even with the 8-bit graphics and slow tape loads, the games were good enough to take on any 16-bit beast!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Amazing Atari! All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: